Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. Still cooking up what the successor shall be named. Maybe Book of Armageddon. I used to be an atheist, but now see a little bit more in these end times.
  2. Yes
  3. I don’t know. Everybody (most) tries his/her best to do for the common good, whoever the idiots (DJT) are in the way. But then you finally reach the boiling point. I don’t like any of Bolton’s historical ideological views. But he is an unarguably intelligent hardass who respects the institutional traditions and clearly hated seeing them be trampled roughshod by DJT.
  4. NC is just slightly on the fence between Dem and Repub. it’s a fairly delicant balance overall here. We’ll see.
  5. North Carolina, situated between Virginia and South Carolina, has long called itself ‘a vale of humility between two mountains of conceit.’
  6. SOUTH Carolina, please. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Scott HMMPH!
  7. Maybe more deliberately than just ‘drifting.’
  8. Agree. But repeating myself from above, one has the sense that Roberts. Increasingly the deciding vote, is drifting from the right toward the center.
  9. The Court cannot overreach. They have to wait for these cases to reach them through the court appeals system.
  10. One has to say they really did upgrade their menu a few years ago, and now it’s real food.
  11. One has to say the current Chief is doing a far more responsible job than I expected of steering the thing down the center-line.
  12. Also, Justices tend to drift toward the center over time, wherever they started at. If memory recalls (I may be repeating myself) Burger himself authored the unanimous opinion requiring Nixon to hand over the Watergate tapes. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burger_Court
  13. The Court still works, thank God. Somewhat surprisingly. Freed from political meddling, the absolute independence granted Justices is one of the strongest backbones of the Constitution; and succeeding precedence.
  14. To confess my stupidity: right after I had a colonoscopy 3 years ago, I went to a Cracker Barrel and had their Reuben sandwich. Vesuvius erupted!
  15. This was a slightly dead-risk form of head-hold.
  16. One would think that reduces the count.
  17. Johnson was a hardass who knew how to get shit done. After meeting with him, there was a saying from wrestling: ’Did he get you in a half-Johnson, or a full-Johnson?’
  18. I agree wholeheartedly. The Court makeup is a hot mess today. I just don’t think it could get through.
  19. You will recall FDR got into a very great deal of hot water when he proposed that idea.
  20. https://www.yahoo.com/news/looks-could-35-other-alien-202400730.html
  21. boston mayor tom menino against.chick-fil-a
  22. I was a somewhat Sanders fan, and then big on Warren. But now I think an implication of what you say is right: only Uncle Joe can bring us back together again. Let us pray
  23. Returning (off-thread ) to the food topic, good God almighty. How difficult is it to just buy a few fresh ingredients and make a nice lunch yourself? The crap that comes out of even the ‘best’ fast-food joints...
  24. ’...and airs them on the generous terrace.’

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.