Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
The pianoforte
If you could be a little more specific, I might be able to understand, and reply.
-
The pianoforte
It might be useful to add that I don’t have ‘buddies’ here, or there. except the handful I have met & gotten to know in person.
-
The pianoforte
I have no idea. How would I? P.S. If you can identify where I ‘defended’ him, I will readily concede. I have no memory of doing such.
-
The pianoforte
I was not aware he was my buddy. P.S. Whom are you accusing of ‘defending’ him?
-
The pianoforte
Fairly effective way to deal with things that annoy you, if they don’t directly affect you: Ignore them. Life is short.
-
A man walks over to the widow at a funeral and says “Plethora”.
‘Where’ve you been the past few days?’ ’In hospital. I had to have an operation on my upper plethora.’
-
A man walks over to the widow at a funeral and says “Plethora”.
Yes
-
A man walks over to the widow at a funeral and says “Plethora”.
Another unused organ dangling off the gastrointestinal tract. Or:
-
Malcolm McDowell
Interview Malcolm McDowell: 'I have no memory of doing most of my films' Xan Brooks He was once the embodiment of youthful rage and rebellion. Now, the Clockwork Orange star is reconciled to a life of golf, gangster flicks and the odd glimpse of genius https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jul/17/malcolm-mcdowell-i-have-no-memory-of-doing-most-of-my-films
-
after pandemic traveling
A great relief.
-
after pandemic traveling
Caring for mama is the role for the next decade. With love. and loving to be home.
-
after pandemic traveling
No, many many gaps
-
after pandemic traveling
Ditto, for variable reasons. Have been all over America, Caribbean, Western Europe, Asia. Enough travel (mostly business, but plenty of vacation time too) for 3 lifetimes. If, now just about to turn 61, I never see an airport again, I will go out in joyous celebration. (And, repeating, one intends to live 4 more decades at least. )
-
The pianoforte
Again, vhen Wernher von Braun did somezing... ...it werked! Compare mit today.
-
The pianoforte
Back when things worked...
-
"There Is No White Jesus"
What a many-layered expression!
-
Bit more Baldwin
I think he as most great writers was most subtle. At the same time as flaming across the sky as a comet. Like Hemingway, Faulkner, the 19th-century greats, on and on. All the way back to Gawain & Chaucer & before. For many reasons, reader-influencing etc etc etc
-
Seriously, how is it not 25th amendment time?
War generates far more debt than growth.
-
The pianoforte
- The pianoforte
- "There Is No White Jesus"
Also this notion of the ‘virgin birth’ was a ridiculously 2nd-century (If memory recalls) misreading of Mary simply being ‘pure.’ meaning faithful.- "There Is No White Jesus"
Look through the scholarship. The perception of the “miracles” then were just from that they perceived “reality” in entirely alien ways from how we do today.- "There Is No White Jesus"
Very intriguing find, but after considerable thought, not much credenced by the archeological or other scholars. The family & individual names engraved thereon were very common/frequent in that region during that time.- Bit more Baldwin
‘Begin Again’ Calls on James Baldwin to Make Sense of Today https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/books/review-begin-again-james-baldwin-eddie-glaude-jr.amp.html- Seriously, how is it not 25th amendment time?
There is a bug in the site sw - The pianoforte