Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
TO THE FRIENDS AT DADDY'S
I meant the opposite of what you interpreted. Sorry to have said it so confusidly.
-
Malebranche
Where are ours? The Malebranche (Italian: [ˌmaleˈbraŋke]; "Evil Claws")[1] are the demons in the Inferno of Dante's Divine Comedy who guard Bolgia Five of the Eighth Circle (Malebolge). They figure in Cantos XXI, XXII, and XXIII. Vulgar and quarrelsome, their duty is to force the corrupt politicians (barrators) to stay under the surface of a boiling lake of pitch. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malebranche_(Divine_Comedy)
-
TO THE FRIENDS AT DADDY'S
@Latbear4blk, participating in a boycott is a big personal nuisance and disruption to everyday life. If you do it, you evidently believe in the cause. Whether anything comes of it is obviously unknown until after.
-
But mah heritage!
We, the People... Yeah, right.
-
TO THE FRIENDS AT DADDY'S
And for rejecting confirmation bias and blind reinforcement thinking.
-
But mah heritage!
I know I come to the situation with way too much white privilege. But I have used that to throw myself (to repeat again) in the path of literal physical danger when it could help.
-
But mah heritage!
How concretely do we make change? What actions?
-
COVID-19 SHELTERED IN PLACE HUMOR
Maggie Thatcher was likewise a chemist by profession. She knew that if the equations didn’t balance, the thing would blow up. So she put through the UK economy some extremely harsh medicine that in the long term worked.
-
‘ The Skywalker window: what Democrats must do to destroy Trump's Death Star’
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/14/skywalker-window-democrats-trump-death-star-david-litt-book-obama
- But mah heritage!
-
But mah heritage!
Totally agree. 10’percent are woke but the rest are asleep at the switch. My previous post was a hope actually, not a forecast alas.
-
But mah heritage!
Progress comes in increments. I was born in 1959. We got a little bit done. Then you do some more. And then again. Nein?
-
But mah heritage!
I think they will swing the next election cycle.
-
But mah heritage!
Just from the random act of riding with, and talking with, young Lyft and Uber drivers, I have very positive feelings about the awareness and societal sensibilities of 25-and-under people today.
-
An Apology and A Request
When I visit a place I then find I don’t like, I just don’t come back. All this crying & moaning seems such a misuse of effort.
-
An Apology and A Request
- An Apology and A Request
May one suggest this discussion has gotten just a bit ridiculous?- TO THE FRIENDS AT DADDY'S
Weirdest thing is how they shit on their own toilet seats.- The Electro-Harmonux
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ME2ieE_QPBs- Hey Daddy, Go Fuck Yourself!
- Against USA state terrorism
There is a lot of fact also that much of it traces back to the root poisons of free-market capitalism. Slavery, all kind of economic unavailability of opportunity, on and on. Every vote counts. But even that is being undermined today.- Hey Daddy, Go Fuck Yourself!
- Hey Daddy, Go Fuck Yourself!
- Hey Daddy, Go Fuck Yourself!
The occasional vent here about the stupidities we endured there while trying to contribute there seem merited here. Just not to dwell, and move on, as said above. But to be irritated about a vast sea of stupidity where we tried for years to contribute value, to little avail, seems not unreasonable.- Hey Daddy, Go Fuck Yourself!
- An Apology and A Request