Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
The fat lady has completely lost her fat mind!
Main problem for that business model is it was created in and for an era that no longer exists, and to serve needs that are rapidly dwindling out of existence. Here in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill there is a vibrant and flourishing escort economy that advertises solely on backpage (see the explicit escort ads under the 'Dating' section: http://raleigh.backpage.com/ ) and whose escorts and clients alike have never heard of 'review' sites, and who fall out laughing at the needlessness of them when I sketch the concept to them. It is a new era and a new generation that simply do not have the hangups, fear, paranoia or repressed guilt that used to be part & parcel of hiring for many.
-
FASCINATING - Unconfirmed Intelligence on Trump
Despite my attempts to see some bright spots, in my heart of hearts I'm afraid I'm with you on all this.
-
FASCINATING - Unconfirmed Intelligence on Trump
Actually The Guardian, as liberal as they come, thinks the personal details are a crock of shit. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/11/trump-russia-dossier-explainer-details
-
FASCINATING - Unconfirmed Intelligence on Trump
All right, all right! I was being a big old...
-
Judge Rejects Pimping Charges Against Escort Services Site Backpage
Anyone know what financial resources backpage has to pay for lawyering to keep fighting this, and survive? Their escort ads -- M4M, TS, and women for men -- were the sole source here in RDU. Rentmen and Eros.com are both waste lands by comparison.
-
Photo Threads
I think if somebody came and threw money and food and fucks at my feet in abundance at no cost, my first thought would not be to moan and bitch about it.
-
Grandma's "NERDS" wish you a Happy 2017
V'GER MUST EVOLVE
-
Wilted lettuce
Everything BVB said. Also, on-the-head lettuce keeps a lot longer than bagged lettuce or mesclun. I live close enough to stores that buying loose mesclun only enough for that day's/night's use works fine for me and is not a nuisance. In fact fits ideally with my habit of drifting into one or another grocery store a few minutes each day to just roam around, and see what raw ingredients in each & any department look particularly good, and I know or can imagine something to do with them, and seem to call out to be that night's dinner.
-
2015 EOY Closure!!
I was trying to compliment how you meep-morphed Conrad into the style of HPL.
-
New Years Resolutions
You certainly can! http://raleigh.backpage.com/MaleEscorts/?layout=gallery
-
New Years Resolutions
Get 1% better at something every day. Over time it adds up. http://www.jamesaltucher.com Same idea from Scott Adams: Don't set goals; they defeat you. Instead make a system, then just keep doing it. https://www.amazon.com/How-Fail-Almost-Everything-Still/dp/1591846919/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=&linkCode=sl1&tag=wwwjamesaltuc-20&linkId=2ff4fedb8086970448fa674d13befb71
-
2015 EOY Closure!!
Actually that sounds more like Lovecraft.
- 2015 EOY Closure!!
-
2015 EOY Closure!!
"Come up and Like me sometime."
-
2015 EOY Closure!!
Having thought about it, Oz's path of permitting him to make tiny eeps and meeps through the Like button, but muzzling him from posting, is the most deliciously cruel punishment one could dream up for a felon with his particular uncontrollable pathological urges as displayed both Here and There.
-
2015 EOY Closure!!
- Suspensions, Warnings and Bullshit
- Suspensions, Warnings and Bullshit
LMAO- Suspensions, Warnings and Bullshit
Or else it's a fiendishly clever new-member screening system.- Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
In spirit of the season, I'm looking for a meme I saw somewhere depicting the old English sport of Fruitcake Hurling.- And NOW We Know
- Boytoy Forum Cleanup
New org is great! Very clear & clean. Thanks! For once in IT-land, an update for the BETTER. Who knows, you might even start a trend.- Are advanced bookings going out of fashion?
Well, above I mentioned my friend in MA who bought a house with his earnings from CL and then BP, no other sources. I know his life wall to wall, inside out. We would live together in his then apartment in South Boston for days and days on end. I know his family, and his best friends. He didn't hide anything from me; that was just not in his nature as a person. We both went way beyond the usual barriers -- and with entirely positive outcomes for both of us. We each gave the other some precious and needed human things that others in our lives weren't offering us at the time. (If you just can't believe a professional relationship can healthily exist in parallel with a genuine human one, you have my sorrow.) He would even show me, with deserved pride, his bank accounts and how his escort earnings were growing and accelerating, as he practiced, and refined with experience, his travel routes and schedules. So I know beyond any doubt that his sex work through CL and then BP ads was his sole source of income.- Are advanced bookings going out of fashion?
They also have great contempt and scorn for escorts who catfish in their BP ads, thus contributing to the shady side of the site's reputation.- Are advanced bookings going out of fashion?
P.S. I've seen a couple of them in their apartments. Judging from their nice digs, looks like they make a pretty good living off BP. - Suspensions, Warnings and Bullshit