Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. You got to stop posting my personal pics here.
  2. Specific recommendations. http://raleigh.backpage.com/MaleEscorts/5-star-slanger-ung-eavy-shooter/32574293 http://raleigh.backpage.com/MaleEscorts/hung-party-guy-back-in-town-lets-play/32520193 http://raleigh.backpage.com/MaleEscorts/texas-king-dingaling-11-5-mr-100-functional-100-real-pics-serving-all-areas/30931340 http://raleigh.backpage.com/MaleEscorts/playboy/31487135 http://raleigh.backpage.com/MaleEscorts/the-perfect-stud-everything-you-ever-wanted/23861994 http://raleigh.backpage.com/MaleEscorts/purge-and-plunge-pillage-and-plunder/22459839 http://raleigh.backpage.com/MaleEscorts/freaky-top-from-south-and-looking-to-have-fun-im-very-relax/32360577 http://raleigh.backpage.com/MaleEscorts/relax-and-lets-have-fun/32417903 All incredibly present, honest, with you in the moment, and afterward. Real human people. More warmth of every kind than I've known in a long time.
  3. You express surprise that a press organ may have made an egregious error in reporting on its supposed specialty. Is this the first time you have read a newspaper?
  4. [Edited out -- accidental duplicate post.]
  5. Nor is it just a regional fluke here in the Southeast. A working guy I know in Boston, whom I first hired in 2009 off craigslist, switched to advertising on backpage when CL got rid of explicit escort ads. Working in Boston and touring around New England, advertising solely on CL and then BP, by this past summer he had earned and saved enough money to make the down payment on a nice house in New Bedford. Just from BP, he has built up quite the base of repeat clients, including numerous mature men of substantial means. (I know this not only from his reports, but by happening to know some of them socially myself. A nice small-town-like aspect of Boston -- everybody seems to know everybody.)
  6. I can add that here in Raleigh, backpage is also the richest source for female and trans escorts. Far better selection than eros.com.
  7. Ditto. The only time I schedule in advance is with longtime repeat hires where getting together requires one or both of us to book air travel.
  8. What I see among younger (like under 40) friends just discovering the wonderful world of hiring is that their main source is backpage, where most all advertisers ask for same-day bookings only. I must say once again that backpage's shady image is less and less deserved as time goes on. I've found more than half a dozen reliable, quality guys here in Raleigh who advertise exclusively there, every day. Excellent providers, and good and kind people.
  9. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    OMG yes! ...OTOH that could well have turned out like Kubrick's endless, productless tinkering over AI.
  10. I will only say that I hate change in any IT product I use. I want everything on my computer screen to look the way it does today, until I pass to my heavenly (or otherwise) rest. All my energies for managing and absorbing change are already used up by keeping my little bizness alive. For that reason, I hold with the Earl of Cambridge who said: "Any change, of any kind, in any thing, is to be deplored."
  11. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    PKD is God.
  12. How to cook a coot Fill large pot with water, insert plucked coot, bring to boil, cook one day. Place a brick in pot with coot. Cook another day. Remove brick, cook coot one more day. Throw away the coot and eat the brick.
  13. AdamSmith replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    After all the reason we're here, no?
  14. THANK YOU!
  15. Passed away today. Reminds why we take test pilots so much to heart as our (mere mortals') metaphor for daily survival.
  16. This whole thread for some unimaginable reason reminds me how Samuel Taylor Coleridge's observant and tart-tongued son Hartley Coleridge liked to refer to their vocable friend Wordsworth: "Wordswords."
  17. Almost on par with breathless wait for Starbucks' seasonal rollout of the peppermint-flavored java.
  18. Well! Very same preferences as my asshole has. Quelle surprise.
  19. What I was about to say after "I wholly agree" (before browser problems interfered) was that the whole point of my describing those incidents here was to deplore them.
  20. I wholly agree.
  21. I wholly agree.
  22. Every escort of every race I've ever known has had to find some way to deal with those troubles. Asian guys face their own subtle, unique versions of racism when escorting in America. What you and Jamahl, as black men in America, have to deal with is just unimaginable to me. Actually, not entirely unimaginable. More than once, when I was with black and brown friends in Harlem or Inwood or Washington Heights, and we were out on the street making noise late at night, a cop came up to us and told us to take our party inside the house. It was obvious that the presence of my little white ass as participant -- and credible witness in court -- was the thing that stopped the cop and his partner from doing a stop-and-frisk, or more.
  23. Those sound like very positive and constructive actions. If each of us doesn't protect ourself and stand up for our own interests, the world is certainly full of enough pointlessly destructive people who want to take down everybody they come in contact with (you and me) while they take themselves down in flames. Those are the people we have to detect at the earliest possible instant, then cut off contact with. Exactly as you describe here. None of us has enough time or energy or saintliness to deal with those people, much less try to fix them.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.