Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Thank you beyond saying. Those days when the light starts to come back are the reason not to open one's veins, for one more year at least.
  2. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Planning for your Hannibal Lecter photo thread?
  3. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    On reflection, I ought to add that I myself, from family deep in country down in NC, am the product of, quite literally -- no joke, I have remarked on it here before -- two families intermarrying repeatedly at the first and second cousin levels since 1637. I will preempt RA1 by admitting that arguably proves your point.
  4. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Why do you think? I don't want at all to disagree without understanding -- can you articulate some of what, for you, is wrong about it?
  5. If this turns out, will be interesting to see if he can act. Both Adam West and Burt Ward were eloquent in long-past-series-run interviews about what it took from everyone to play the thing absolutely straight (!), and how everyone was conscious that any hint of explicit laughing at it within set would have ruined the implicit camp that was the whole (much of the) aesthetic.
  6. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    They both seem marginally above the age of informed consent. And the odds of deformed offspring look manageable, long as they use protection.
  7. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in Politics
    Bring the pumpkin.
  8. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Egotistical to put it, but I know him (Cantabrigian mafia) and he is a self-effacing delight. Doesn't even like (or can't admit to liking) being Lehrer. I had to manufacture all kinds of conversational stratagems so we could both pretend not to be talking about his songs.
  9. A rather quite good intro to Stanislaw Lem's SF volume Imaginary Magnitudes... http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/07/smoothies-fruit-juices-new-health-risk
  10. http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/07/smoothies-fruit-juices-new-health-risk
  11. Still do, far as I can tell. Ripens with age, and all.
  12. You know, sick humor is a pretty well established cafegory. One of my favorite obscure tomes which discusses that, and much else: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006BTWGG/ref=redir_mdp_mobile
  13. It is so delicious that I dare not put my beak to it. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrion
  14. The corn is the ammunition. No?
  15. The region of Italy that includes Bologna, a somewhat overlooked by Amurricans part of that country of late, what with books about Tuscany, etc., etc. http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2013/sep/06/italy-food-emilia-romagna-road-trip
  16. "Robby, where've you been? I've beamed and beamed!" "Sorry, miss, I was giving myself an oil job."
  17. P.S. One of my great, thus far unrealized, wants is to spend a day playing with a theramin.
  18. Well, it is based (loosely) on The Tempest, arguably the weirdest of Shakespeare's imaginings. I worship it, but approach it ever with trepidation. The play, that is. The movie I think may be my second most favorite piece of celluloid after '2001.'
  19. We will omit any mention of the digestion of corn.
  20. As for fruit vs. juice, isn't part of the health benefit the fibers? Not just for elimination (scat yet again ) but how they accrete and help get rid of fats, or something like that? Also some like celery are said to take more energy to digest than they put into the system, clearly a good thing too...?
  21. How this thread could have gotten this far without this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Fruit (so many this-es ) is a riddle wrapped in an enigma.
  22. http://m.moviemistakes.com/film2663
  23. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in Politics
    Well, I love Amy. But I have sat the next table over from Hr Kerry at dinner a couple of times, and he is not your favorite warm & cuddly. Certainly not that one would necessarily want the Sec of State to be.
  24. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in Politics
    Yes. I saw him in person not long ago, and he really looks a little unnatural in the face. Never confirmed that I know of, but he was rumored to have had a chin implant maybe 15 or so years ago. His vanity, rather much sniggered about around Boston, is in contrast to Theresa, who puts on no airs at all. My ex used to go to the same chiropractor as she did, and she would come in wearing an old sweatshirt and sweat pants, hair barely combed, very down to earth, pleasant person. Our dog liked her, and he was a good judge of character. Again, quite unlike John, even whose good friends say is an abrasive, unpleasant person to be around. ...I like him in his public persona, and in his politics. But these observations about him being not so nice personally are the word around town in Boston.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.