Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
Today's Feel Good Moment
Thank you beyond saying. Those days when the light starts to come back are the reason not to open one's veins, for one more year at least.
-
Is this creepy or not?
Planning for your Hannibal Lecter photo thread?
-
Is this creepy or not?
On reflection, I ought to add that I myself, from family deep in country down in NC, am the product of, quite literally -- no joke, I have remarked on it here before -- two families intermarrying repeatedly at the first and second cousin levels since 1637. I will preempt RA1 by admitting that arguably proves your point.
-
Is this creepy or not?
Why do you think? I don't want at all to disagree without understanding -- can you articulate some of what, for you, is wrong about it?
-
Bieber as Robin in Man of Steel 2 ? hmm
If this turns out, will be interesting to see if he can act. Both Adam West and Burt Ward were eloquent in long-past-series-run interviews about what it took from everyone to play the thing absolutely straight (!), and how everyone was conscious that any hint of explicit laughing at it within set would have ruined the implicit camp that was the whole (much of the) aesthetic.
-
Is this creepy or not?
They both seem marginally above the age of informed consent. And the odds of deformed offspring look manageable, long as they use protection.
-
Wikileaks and Russia connections..
Bring the pumpkin.
-
Post Your Daily Random Thoughts
Egotistical to put it, but I know him (Cantabrigian mafia) and he is a self-effacing delight. Doesn't even like (or can't admit to liking) being Lehrer. I had to manufacture all kinds of conversational stratagems so we could both pretend not to be talking about his songs.
-
Lem, again
A rather quite good intro to Stanislaw Lem's SF volume Imaginary Magnitudes... http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/07/smoothies-fruit-juices-new-health-risk
-
Some fruits are better than others
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/07/smoothies-fruit-juices-new-health-risk
-
Some fruits are better than others
Still do, far as I can tell. Ripens with age, and all.
-
Some fruits are better than others
You know, sick humor is a pretty well established cafegory. One of my favorite obscure tomes which discusses that, and much else: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006BTWGG/ref=redir_mdp_mobile
-
Some fruits are better than others
It is so delicious that I dare not put my beak to it. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrion
-
Some fruits are better than others
- Some fruits are better than others
The corn is the ammunition. No?- Emilia-Romagna
The region of Italy that includes Bologna, a somewhat overlooked by Amurricans part of that country of late, what with books about Tuscany, etc., etc. http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2013/sep/06/italy-food-emilia-romagna-road-trip- Forbidden Planet bloopers
"Robby, where've you been? I've beamed and beamed!" "Sorry, miss, I was giving myself an oil job."- Forbidden Planet bloopers
P.S. One of my great, thus far unrealized, wants is to spend a day playing with a theramin.- Forbidden Planet bloopers
Well, it is based (loosely) on The Tempest, arguably the weirdest of Shakespeare's imaginings. I worship it, but approach it ever with trepidation. The play, that is. The movie I think may be my second most favorite piece of celluloid after '2001.'- Some fruits are better than others
We will omit any mention of the digestion of corn.- Some fruits are better than others
As for fruit vs. juice, isn't part of the health benefit the fibers? Not just for elimination (scat yet again ) but how they accrete and help get rid of fats, or something like that? Also some like celery are said to take more energy to digest than they put into the system, clearly a good thing too...?- Some fruits are better than others
How this thread could have gotten this far without this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Fruit (so many this-es ) is a riddle wrapped in an enigma.- Forbidden Planet bloopers
http://m.moviemistakes.com/film2663- Has Kerry had too much Botox?
Well, I love Amy. But I have sat the next table over from Hr Kerry at dinner a couple of times, and he is not your favorite warm & cuddly. Certainly not that one would necessarily want the Sec of State to be.- Has Kerry had too much Botox?
Yes. I saw him in person not long ago, and he really looks a little unnatural in the face. Never confirmed that I know of, but he was rumored to have had a chin implant maybe 15 or so years ago. His vanity, rather much sniggered about around Boston, is in contrast to Theresa, who puts on no airs at all. My ex used to go to the same chiropractor as she did, and she would come in wearing an old sweatshirt and sweat pants, hair barely combed, very down to earth, pleasant person. Our dog liked her, and he was a good judge of character. Again, quite unlike John, even whose good friends say is an abrasive, unpleasant person to be around. ...I like him in his public persona, and in his politics. But these observations about him being not so nice personally are the word around town in Boston. - Some fruits are better than others