Everything posted by AdamSmith
-
Chik-Fil-A out and proud of their anti-gay donations
Here it is directly:
-
Chik-Fil-A out and proud of their anti-gay donations
Boston mayor Tom Menino has always been way up there in my book. He just went even higher with his blast against the chicken folk. His letter to them, as posted on the city's Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151791883475752&set=a.336030020751.189466.64266725751&type=1&theater&_rdr
-
R.I.P. Chad Everett
(Whoops. Fumble-fingered this a.m.)
-
How Magna Carta became a Minor Carta
Classic Chomsky. Love him: http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/s7cA7K9l54JBOI7nF8dg6uA/view.m?id=15&gid=commentisfree/2012/jul/24/magna-carta-minor-carta-noam-chomsky&cat=most-read
-
R.I.P. Chad Everett
Ach! I first discovered how to jack off right after seeing an episode of Medical Center in which he appeared shirtless for a few moments. Lust! Hope that is a fitting R.I.P. memoriam.
-
Who's lookin' at you?
Lookin, thank you for the link. One of the heroes I keep harking back to, Sen. Sam Ervin (not without his feet of clay on some major issues including affirmative action and the ERA, but acting even there on consistent principle and good-faith motive), had this to say in condemnation of the government's penchant for gathering information on its citizens, in clear contravention of the Constitution's aim of securing individual liberty: http://blogs.georgetown.edu/?id=29463
-
James Holmes
Obnoxious Obsessive Obstreporous MsGuy, you just gave me my next get-rich-quick idea: a rhyming dictionary based on first rather than last syllables! ...Come to think of it, is that a new poetic conception? I paid (well, mummy paid, and the gummint paid and I repaid) for a Yale lit degree, and I don't know the answer. To the Internets! (citylaw, please give me a pass on this one. I am a slave to wordplay. Among other things.)
-
Daddy's Site Down
No quarrel with the need. But to think a shutdown will change things seems the ultimate triumph of hope over experience.
-
Daddy's Site Down
Wonderful remark. Let me bring the dark-side implication: it is a regrettable observation about daddy's psychological makeup that he has them as resources yet does not feel he can trust deej or Cooper to manage peacekeeping on his forum while he is away. Is it megalomania (as I one time said, he is not nor expected to be NORAD), pathological distrust of others, or pathological inability to trust his own choices?
-
R.I.P. Sally Ride
Thx for this post.
-
DId I miss the final contest results?
You have to learn that pretend modesty (cloaked in pretend-pretend bravado ) is all.
-
Don't piss off Barbara Walters
Thank you! Individually I like Barbara, Whoopi, Roseanne. But the inane natter here drives me nuts after 90 seconds. How can someone sit through all of it? ...Too early in the day for most people to have already drunk themselves into a stupor sufficient to be insensate, no?
-
New uses for kiosks/ATMs? ?
...browsing which, I eventually stumbled across this site: http://www.kanojotoys.com/ Not telesex, just weird. And Japanese. (But perhaps I repeat myself!)
-
New uses for kiosks/ATMs? ?
Teledildonics! http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teledildonics
-
Help Us Pick Out a New Logo
Tanks for the mammaries! His stage name was Devon Blackwell. Just astounding the integrity of his blog, even as he descended into meth-fueled bipolar disorder during that cross-country trip. And then got into recovery. All faithfully chronicled by him, right out in public. Thanks also for the pinpoint accuracy of your limning the enormously gratifying rewards of interacting with Woodlawn and doug69. Would that their ilk were more abundant these latter days.
-
"We need to put our country back in the 'future' business"
I want to suck this man's cock. While he's talking. Call me Monica.
-
Complete Emmy Nominations List for 2012
OK, sorry. It is not world hunger. And I saw the recent note on forum changes coming soon. And of course one could exercise free will (assuming it existed!) and simply avert one's eyes. But just to say: the dedicated forum for this stuff cannot come too soon.
-
Fred Willard arrested for lewd behavior
Now why, oh why, in this era of Internet porn etc. etc., would anyone get themselves into this fix? http://m.miamiherald.com/mh/db_274907/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=kLiHeRDI ...yes, answer must be sadly evident.
-
"You're So Bain" . . .
But they are, regrettably, one and the same these days as far as campaign nonsense goes. If your latter is the point but the former is what the electorate will respond to, then the former is what one, cynically but realistically, advertises and jawbones about, no? The alternative, as remarked the other day, would seem to be a high-minded but doomed campaign in the Kerry mode.
-
Chik-Fil-A out and proud of their anti-gay donations
I noticed the other day they make a point of being closed on Sundays. Evidently run by a Big Christian Family (or person). Anybody know the skinny?
-
Boy Scouts are no longer relevant
Our superhuman restraint in the thread having gone this long with no snickers about Lord Baden-Powell ought to get us, collectively, a prize of some sort. (Unless I just disqualified us!)
-
Who Likes Men More Than Axiom?
I love Axiom's posts too. His reaction when I posted a link to Leonard, one of my fave NYC scorts, was priceless. Something like a whole bunch of YUMMs punctuated by a couple FUCK FUCKs etc. Exactly right! But to Lucky, you got to construct yer thread titles better. Why do we have to choose which we like more: men, or Axiom?
-
"You're So Bain" . . .
He certainly will! Isn't that tax article the best? With several Republican bigs -- or big-mouths, viz. Herman Cain -- already on record saying just release the damned returns, Mitt is going to have a hard time getting off the hook on this one. TY's ROFL flopping tuna image is so right.
-
TSA frisks man's 9" penis because it could have been a weapon
Is Long Dong Silver no longer with us? Shortly after he came to my notice courtesy of the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, I rented a flick with him (Long Dong, not Clarence) in it and showed it during a straight friend's bachelor party. The attendees, also straight, were fascinated.
-
FDA approves Truvada for prevention of HIV/AIDS
This is an incredibly welcome advance. Has there been any reporting (or any research) into whether, and if so how long until, the HIV family may mutate so as to render this therapy less effective or ineffective against those new strains?