Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. you have been holding back! Wish I did.
  2. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Is it time to take up that traffic-court judge's offer to put yourself back to work?
  3. Mittens & Co. are really taking Unforced Error to new heights. The Obama team must be in such delirium.
  4. You realize how much you owe me for keeping my mouth shut just now.
  5. Is it the weather? Sinuses? Sumpn else?
  6. Is it not too perfect?! Axelrod must be creaming himself. ...ughh.
  7. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I mean to say: I think she started out where society was. Then she watched, saw, learned, evolved. One of her close friends in CambrIdge was a woman whose wedding to another woman Julia looked forward to (didn't live to see; the law moved slower than her own physical demise). No pretense, just familial friendship. I wonder the cause of your dislike here.
  8. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Are your hemorrhoids acting up?
  9. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Got it. All I can say is, by late in life, her actions in socializing with one and all, many of whom of us were unredeemedly queer right out in front of her, she did not express or enact those thoughts. In fact I heard her make some pretty funny cracks about how fags must make some uptight straights get their panties into a bunch. I experienced her as having moved way beyond the remarks that your sources cited. She knew I and my husband were fags, and she could match us one for one on jokes against the homophobe tribe.
  10. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    La Child??? More than willing to accept the evidence & then condemn. But please present. She was happy to have lots of us flouncing around her, with nary a hint of anythin awry.
  11. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I was trying to rattle your cage. To see if you were alive. And to signal that I, after all, am too! Looks like it worked.
  12. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Yes.
  13. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I am present in this thread in a fairly committed and real way. As I've said elsewhere here, I love you (& your He Who Shall Not Be Named ) to death. And Andre, whom you still must meet. Your rigidities would not like our Latina so we will omit. But, in sum: Yes.
  14. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    And which is to give her very much the best of it!
  15. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Thank you so much. Living for 3 decades in Cambridge, I came to know her a bit from cocktail parties etc. She was so unfailingly modest, curious, outward-looking, wanted to know about YOU in conversation. And it was not an act. Such utter absence of pretense and egotism. Only spent like 4 hours over years directly conversing with or listening to her. Had not thought for a long time how much I miss her being among us.
  16. Remember Kaplan's fucking brilliant Holes & Mello Rolls?!
  17. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I profoundly don't. One reason I love Andre so much, and nearly as much this Latina I keep mouthing about, is that they are of a generation that just does not give a flying fuck about orientation. So that view makes complete Nutella of any least kind of differentiation based on sexual and/or gender identity, or choice of identity based on attributes of the desired Other, or etc., etc., etc. It comes down I guess to: Can we get some orgasms from each other? Moochul ideas? Ennythin else? ...Less see whut I can git! AND give. That together being the extremist hotness.
  18. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I realize I am vivisecting this with an avidity usually reserved for Paul, Constantine and that rabble. Once I figure out why, I promise to annoy here further. I may have to engage my lesbo Latina hooker as my ad hoc shrinkola in this pursuit. She, being Catholic by upbringing, might could shed light. Or something. Come to think, Andre is Catholic too. Pilgrimage to Puerta Vallarta?! ...awaiting only marcanthony's auto-reply!
  19. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Passing of this bitch continues to strike me as a good thing. Rereading her effluvia, which as a good obsessive one has done, I still conclude she was a Bad Thing for the collective consciousness. Apologetics praising what she contributed to feminism are weak-minded and/or not observant of the evidentiary objects. She promulgated and reinforced the notion that only from the stance of victimhood can vengeance be taken on the other sex. (And that it needs to be!) Only too true -- once you swallow the components of that construct. Which she sold with conviction worthy of L. Ron Hubbard. (I.e. -- got rich doing!)
  20. Right on. He reminds instead of one of those little wooden stick figures sold in A.C. Moore and other "crafts" (creepiness worth an essay all its own at some later juncture) shops, for housewives pursuing self-improvement "life-drawing" courses, except they cannot quite afford the "life" part. ...If they only guessed what we spend on same! Or similar.
  21. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    ...Somewhat as when we lost the consoling avuncular presence of J. Edgar Hoover, say? Sorry. When I get on a hobbyhorse, you will have to forebear with me. Or ignore till my kidneys and liver wash it out. ...as on the generous terrace!
  22. License rights (so to speak ) being so damn expensive! ...I so owe u a brunch where I can pick ur brains before either of us knows wot is going on. TY is welcome too of cuss. But on yer travel nickel! I will gladly pay fur his eggs n grits.
  23. You give him too much credit. He was my gov in MA and I liked him then. Just cannot believe the hollow cynicism in his soul that this current campaign has revealed. I want to puke. Will not say where.
  24. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    One awaits, midst the scent of gardenias round the casket, reminiscences of the subtle poison she fed to female psyches young and old insinuating the implicit impossibility of authentic female/male relatednesses, and the meme that advantage to the woman was necessary to procure out of traps contrived, set and sprung by her on the male Other. Pernicious.
  25. Actually the guy on the left looks just like one of our local newspaper columnists! (Who is however, a bit regrettably, straight.) The Raleigh News & Observer ("Nuisance & Disturber" -- exactly what a newspaper should be) web site won't let me link to his pic, so here is one of his columns in lieu: http://www.newsobser...-to-relate.html

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.