Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. So, you "trust" BO to not use this "authority" and legal opinion? What about the next President? Precedents have a way of lingering. If Bush had asked for and received this authority and legal opinion there would be a huge outcry from the MSM. I am not defending Bush or attacking BO, just commenting. Best regards, RA1
  2. I would but I do any and everything reasonable to avoid using (or even carrying) the cell phone. After losing part of my hearing to engine noise I don't enjoy straining to hear and understand what is being said over the phone. Of course, I never understand it anyway, especially if I don't want to. Best regards, RA1
  3. Site or poster glitchy? I have observed both about myself. Best regards, RA1
  4. The vice versa I had in mind was if your neighbor (aka the target) was borrowing a cup of sugar from you. It doesn't much matter WHY or where you two are together if there is a missle with his or her name on it headed inbound. Our version of the sanhedrin at work. Best regards, RA1
  5. I believe in climate change. What has politics got to do with it? Oh, do you mean politics vs. science or facts? Politics can't change the facts any more than scientists or any others can. Can we do anything about it? Maybe but it has taken centuries to get to this situation and we will be unable to resolve any issues in very much less time. Should we be conservators of our environment? Of course but conservatives seem to have a bad name among some quarters. A main and recurring theme is for "others" to do something, not us. Even if everyone in so called western culture did the max, whatever that might be, billions of others are not in the least bit interested. So, do you want to live out your life in a wilderness with minimal survival as a way of life? If so, go ahead and start without me. Best regards, RA1
  6. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Kruschev said we will bury you, with most folks understanding he meant, give me your young and..... Exporting US customs, clothing, food, music and etc. has led to Japanese kids, Russian kids and many, many other kids seeking to abandon their parents culture and invent their own, so to speak. Likely having Arabs seeking something similar will be "our" best chance to stop world conflict and have any hope for religious freedom for all. Therefore, if the music is only "noise" to you, bear in mind it may be one of our "best" exports. Best regards, RA1
  7. I watched this with a good deal of skepticism and although I am not completely persuaded, a review of the literature indicates this is a "real" representation of this person. If it is exactly correct and true, I am very sorry for Jimmy. However, his burdens are not my burdens, except by "human extension". In other words, he seemingly is choosing to disregard any aspect of the "gay lifestyle" except "admiting" that he is gay. That has to be very difficult on anyone's phyche. I can only wish him well in his life adventure and hope he finds happiness. Best regards, RA1
  8. She has been one of my favorites. I am sorry to hear this. I hope she does not suffer whatever the eventual result. Best regards, RA1
  9. I agree those from YV (that is the aircraft registration on all of their aircraft) have to solve some problems before any international "improvement" will be made. I also have thought all along that it was YV politicians calling US politicians "evil devils", not the average citizen, here or there. That almost seems to be a "universal" situation. Farmers like other farmers. Politicians do not like other politicians. YV commonly is called Yankee Victor which is the alpha-numeric "language" aka military usage. Best regards, RA1
  10. One can only hope this will provide an opportunity for some democratic reforms which should lead to better relations with the US. I had a great uncle who worked there his entire career. He and his family loved being there and the Venezuelans. Best regards, RA1
  11. Or, vice versa? Best regards, RA1
  12. Perhaps more members need to look at the politics section. There may be enlightenment there. One can only hope. Best regards, RA1
  13. My favorite peeve is the incorrect use of less when they mean fewer. I have been known to take a Magic Marker and change a grocery store sign from 10 items or less to 10 items or fewer. My favorite talk radio station says, more news in 30 minutes or less. That grates on my nerves. Best regards, RA1
  14. The easiest and best way to "change" the method of CEO compensation is for the shareholder's to do so. It is ludicrous for corporate officers to get shares at 50 cents on the dollar. Shares should belong to those who invest dollars in the company. And, profits beyond the reasonable "upkeep" of the company should be paid to the shareholders. All this talk about not being able to attract and keep "top talent" without big pay and enormous profit sharing plans is nonsense. First, they don't keep those folks anyway and second, what else are they going to do? They don't know how to raise livestock or bring in a cash crop or fly a plane. Some of them couldn't drive out of the parking lot. A "system" is currently in place if only the "voters" aka shareholders would use it. Best regards, RA1
  15. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Thanks for the reply. I can identify with some of those, some are not readily available and some are not very important to me. But, I did not ask you to "guess" what I thought might be important, ony what you thought was. None of those things seem to exclude any thing else in particular, so I suppose the bottom line is "whatever cranks your tractor". I suppose what will indicate that I am getting "over the hill" is when or if I lose my curiousity. Not that you or anyone else has, but just a personal observation about me. Best regards, RA1
  16. OK, I cannot resist. Although we called her Mammaw, my grammar was excellent, at least to me and my sister. Best regards, RA1
  17. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    OK, you have totally baffled me with that question. I was only trying to give Mr. Sam credit where credit was due. Best regards, RA1
  18. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    That might be correct but then the truth is the truth. Best regards, RA1
  19. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Absence or is that abstinence makes the heart grow fonder or is it the dick harder? I think you are on the right track, at least with yourself. That is what counts. Best regards, RA1
  20. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    When I first heard this, daddy was also having sex with a whore. But that was before I knew who Mr. Sam was. Best regards, RA1
  21. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Interesting question. When I was much younger I almost never spent any money on anything "personal", just necessities + whatever was available to make my business go. Later I had a bit more money and decided that what good was money going to be for me when I was pushing daisies? So, I tried to make considered decisions on what to spend and how much but then didn't worry about it after making the decision. Although with the current economy I am not making as much money as in the past, I don't regret spending it, partly because I thought about all that then, before spending it. However, as a corollary, if I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. Best regards, RA1
  22. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Name 50. OK, start with one. Just curious. Best regards, RA1
  23. OK, but should we do about it? Taxes are not the answer and neither is socialism. If we took GNP and monetized it, distributed it equally among all citizens, in 10 years the situation would be the same as it is now. I certainly agree that there are changes that can be made. Some of those need to be made by share holders. CEO's do not make hundreds of times what others make without the tacit approval of the shareholders. That money should be going to them but they won't "fight" for it. Monopolies have successfully being legislated against in this country and some legal business practices should have legislation that limits them. But, not taxes. Sorry, but we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem. Any other ideas? Best regards, RA1
  24. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    You and New Orleans, BIG. Best regards, RA1
  25. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    YOU are SO easy. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.