Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. Does it rain a lot in CYVR? Best regards, RA1
  2. Years ago, make that eons ago, when I was a teen-ager, one day when I was pumping gas a RR pulled in. I filled up his tank and offered to check his oil. He said the engine was sealed at the factory. I guess he needed to stretch his legs because he spent a few minutes talking to me about his car. He was a diplomat attached to the consolate in New Orleans and on his way there. He said he shipped the car back to the factory once a year for a factory servicing, presumably with an oil change. He also said he could tell his tire pressure from inside the car. Now, all of those things are perfectly possible today and I have no idea if he was just kidding a young person but it was still an interesting encounter. Best regards, RA1
  3. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Conway- I agree. There are plenty of organizations that can do the same job and cheaper than any government agency. Volunteering certainly lowers the cost. Here we have MIFA which costs less than 16% in administration and fund-raising expenses. They make it very easy to donate. For instance, you can add $1 or any amount to your utility bill and it goes entirely into MIFA. Yes, it is "faith" based organization but they don't preach or require any attendance at any of their functions. It is just easier to do it that way here in the Mid-South. They do meals on wheels and food for families and transport for seniors and much more. I believe their only requirement is that you need help. Best regards, RA1
  4. This is a sad topic but I have noticed before and also on this "preview" "funny" headlines. This one could be read, "Versace Model Killed by Tampa Yankee". Of course, the model was not killed by TY but it can be startling to read it at first (early in the morning, eyes only partly open). Best regards, RA1
  5. Even though you have attacked me on another site, I thank you for this report and information. Best regards, RA1
  6. Sounds like fun, for some. Thanks for the info and update. Best regards, RA1
  7. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Should that be, you gave the greatest head? Best regards, RA1
  8. RA1 replied to BiBottomBoy's topic in Politics
    MsGuy- You surprise me with your knowledge of the military aspects of the US. However, sometimes, I am easily surprised. That is not a stone cast in your direction but remarking only upon the fact that you are "on the side of some intervention"; would that have been true during the late Bush administration? Just curious and just asking. Best regards, RA1
  9. RA1 replied to BiBottomBoy's topic in The Beer Bar
    Is the US next? Best regards, RA1
  10. LOL. Best regards, RA1
  11. RA1 replied to BiBottomBoy's topic in The Beer Bar
    Thanks for the warning. Best regards, RA1
  12. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    NYTC- LOL. Best regards, RA1
  13. RA1 replied to BiBottomBoy's topic in The Beer Bar
    Just as a matter of continuation, so to speak, Canada uses more oil per person than the US. Would anyone have predicted that? Best regards, RA1
  14. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    Charlie PS- True. When deregulation of the airlines first took place there was a prediction that there would only be 3-5 flag carriers left in 10-20 years. While there are more "technical" flag carriers still in existence, the main one now seem to be DL, AA, UA, US and CO. Some of those likely will merge before it is all over. lookin- I think you probably do your best to escape "bad luck" by avoiding the airlines as much as possible. Just like I do. Best regards, RA1
  15. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    MsGuy- I have never observed any idustry so competitive as the airlines. This was so even before de-regulation. When Crandall was head of AA, during good years, he stored up money with the express purpose of trying to put competitors on various routes out of business. He would pick a route like DFW-MCI and lower the price below the cost of possibly breaking even if if the aircraft were full, a rarity in those days. Competition is a good thing but driving another out of business is anti-competitive, isn't it? The airlines have never learned during my career and I fear they never will. Best regards, RA1
  16. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    The airlines are having a lot of problems but they are also having many self inflicted. You note one or more of those. I only wish they did not have to be federally controlled to avoid these situations but it appears that they must. They were controlled for so many years in where they flew, how often they flew and what equipment they used that they seemingly have no "real" regard for how to do things differently. All those fees are just ridiculous. Their attitude is ridiculous. I am so sorry to have to say these things. I wish I knew how to solve the airline problems but I don't. Getting rid of the TSA would be a good start. Best regards, RA1
  17. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    Thanks for not being offended by me asking. If you are paying any attention, you will know that I am a corporate pilot. I do not like flying on the airlines period. But, that has little or nothing to do with their corporate or technological structure, just that I think the TSA is infringing upon our freedoms and that airline travel is a waste of time if one has any other options. I do, and staying home is certainly one of them; but, ordinarily, I travel on business by private aircraft and that is the way I prefer. That is not elitist but merely a part of my job. No one likes being treated like sheep or as they often say cattle class. The airlines in general have a lot of "growing up to do" and/or realizing the real state of business and consumer flying. Thanks for your reply. Best regards, RA1
  18. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    Zip- Not being facetious when I ask you do you fly and, if so, on what airline(s)? Just curious. Best regards, RA1
  19. TY- A minor point but are you aware of how involved it is to send US stealh bombers to a place such as Libya? They are all based at Whiteman AFB in Missouri for security reasons among others and fly non-stop to and from the target, doing air to air refueling multiple times to do so. Just doing that is very hard on man and machine, never mind the actual attack. The point being it is not a light or minor committment when sending stealth bombers to almost anywhere. Bascially, I think there are no "good guys" in Libya (the civilians might be innocent but not necessarily good guys) on either side of this conflict. We have no business there, coalition or no. Best regards, RA1
  20. RA1 replied to kjun12's topic in The Beer Bar
    jKane- I am all for everyone doing all they can to keep litter to a minimum and advance the environment. Best regards, RA1
  21. Lucky- I think (actually, I know) that you are correct. The whole thing is rigged and if one does not show up or declines to do so in advance, one will not be rewarded. Aren't all of these kinds of things rigged? I certainly think so. Best regards, RA1
  22. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    Perhaps I should have said the freedom to travel is a right but traveling itself is a privilege. Understand the difference? Best regards, RA1
  23. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    I think the point is "traveling" is a privilege, not a right. The world and, free world in particular, has come a long way in what we expect but none of it is guaranteed. Now, if one's point is that after paying for a ticket one should get some level of service, that is a different issue, according to me. There, one should get what one pays for and, all too often, that is exactly what is offered, not much in cost and not much in "service". Best regards, RA1
  24. RA1 replied to kjun12's topic in The Beer Bar
    Sometimes the lack of customer service just knows no territorial boundries, does it? In other words, "service" is either deteriorating or nonexistent in all too many places these days. Best regards, RA1 Where is "Are you being served" when you need it?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.