Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MsGuy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MsGuy

  1. Found on the AnteBellum blog: THIS JUST HAPPENED TO A FRIEND OF MINE.. HE SAID I COULD REPOST- OMG!....I was in in the public restroom - I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice in the other stall: "Hi, how are you?" Me: embarrassed, "Doin' fine!" Stall: "So what are you up to?" Me: "Uhhh, I'm like you, just sitting here." Stall: "Can I come over?" Me: (attitude) "No, I'm a little busy right now!!" Stall: "Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions!" ~~ ---- Great find, TownsendPL.
  2. Thanks for posting this version of the event, KYTOP. Yours is the first version of this that makes sense to me. Who knows exactly what transpired that night, but at least your theory of the case has the merits of conforming to all the facts in evidence.
  3. LOL, Lucky's restriction is entirely self-imposed, OneFinger. It's part of his campaign to get us laggards to post more and to open new threads.
  4. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I am doing my best to hold up the OLD folks' side. ---- When it rains, it pours, lurker. Hang in there & post as the spirit moves you. I, for one, have missed you.
  5. MsGuy replied to lookin's topic in Politics
    Just give it time, Lookin. I realize this is only anecdotal evidence, but I think the tax cuts may be working. Not a single rich guy of my acquaintance is involuntarily unemployed.
  6. And my two cents makes four. Back in the bad old days when these rules were formulated, the sine qua non of any social gathering of homosexuals was 'discretion'. Outing someone was not just an action against an individual, it was a serious attack against all in that it undermined the necessary trust that made possible the creation of a social space for Gays to meet. Times change. Now days, it's far easier (& safer) for gays to create and defend a social space for themselves. So the rules about outing are being weakened. They never were carved in stone for all time, they were a product of their times. Gray heads like me are still uncomfortable with forced outing of gays by gays but I suspect we're just going to have to get used to it.
  7. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    LOL, not even close...
  8. Damn, if I had known the gay guys would be left at the altar, I would have switched my vote.
  9. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Liberal White folks who make movies tend to see things from the prospective of Liberal White folks with folks they identify with playing a leading role (see Mississippi Burning). Still, the critique above is a little over the top. Basically he's bitching that the movie is what it is and not something else. ---- I can testify from my own experience that, at least in Mississippi, the Civil Rights Movement was overwhelmingly Black planned, Black led & Black organized. Whites played a very marginal role.
  10. No need for a modest "IMHO" when you're 100% on target. And an exceptionally beautiful way of describing it. To me, it's always seemed her stuff was written by a gentle soul.
  11. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    ahh ahh ahh ahhh ahhh ahhhh aaahhhhh AAAHHH AAAAAHHHHH AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! AAhhhh aahh ahh ahh...whew, want a cig?
  12. I suspect Hito feels a certain empathy for a man who finds himself suddenly turned on and savaged by everyone he knows. Not unlike the nightmare haunting most closeted people isn't it? It certainly was my personal nightmare before I came out. I'm not fussing at you, Lucky, just trying to say that people tend to read stories like this as a Rorschach blot...different folks fasten on different aspects. Things aren't always so entirely black and white as those knuckle rapping nuns of your youth wanted you to believe.
  13. MsGuy replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    Would? Did! Didn't give a toot about the Giants until Lincecum came to my attention. And with that really cute catcher Lucky likes so much squatting behind the plate...what can I say, it was love, love, love. Lol, does that make me flighty?
  14. Absolutly right, Lucky, you need one of those big ass kissing rings to complete the spell.
  15. MsGuy replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    LOL, I was sitting here asking TY about the copyright and not realizing that the photo is 3 years out of date. I'm even more senile than I gave myself credit for. I need a hug...
  16. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in Politics
    Left her vibrator on high.
  17. MsGuy replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    You just need to catch him out of uniform. The young uns think they should be like all serious and stuff when they're on the mound. ---- Point of clarification, TY: Do copyrights count if the photo is non-porn related? I'm aorry but Copyright Law and Courts make no distinction. I hope you can find another photo without a posted restriction. TY
  18. MsGuy replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Hard to decide...could I see the first one again?
  19. God forbid you should ever find yourself in such a situation, Lookin, but just in case, PM me for Guido Sarducci's private number. For select gentlemen clients, he provides quite an experience. At $200/hr, he's a real bargain.
  20. Darwin, late in his life
  21. RA1, I just reread my posts on Fred and realized that they come across as unjustly harsh. FS is one of the truly great American entrepreneurs still living. One of his best qualities is his loyalty to his early employees, the ones who stuck with him when the guys who owned the fuel trucks had him on a cash in advance basis, the banks were setting traps to repo those Falcons and he didn't know on Monday how he was going to make Friday's payroll. Once FedEx hit the tipover point on cashflow, it rapidly out grew most of the early guys's managerial abilities but (unlike Silicon Valley startups) Fred never dumped them overboard. They were eased into makework positions with dignified titles & nice salaries where they had no opportunity to fuck up.
  22. The part about the vehicular homocide is stone cold truth, not rumor. That a very modest sum served to quiet the family's grief came from my brother, a V.P. at FedEx. The official explanation of his failure to notice that he had smacked his car into a pedestrian is rather convoluted but involves him being stressed out trying to keep FedEx out of recievership at the time. It all happened back in the early 70's, RA1, long before you moved to Memphis, which probably accounts for you not hearing about it. Just a few months later FedEx hit the tipover point in cash flow and has been gushing coin ever since. Fred's family dropped their complaint that he had embezzled the family trust fund to the last dollar, that other criminal fraud charge went away and everyone lived happily ever after. Excepting, of course, one poor black handyman.
  23. On first reading the article seems homophobic to me. Despite a couple of disclaimers, it's pretty clear the author finds gay priests distasteful. It's not just the thieves and predators that are being attacked here.
  24. Mack Rawden of Pop Blend argues the negative: Why I Won't Sign the Bert and Ernie Gay Marriage Petition. ---- PS for TY: I agree; faggot that I am, I've never seen any essential difference between napkins and towels. Must be a straight thing.
  25. What RA1 said. Plus: Fred, a Harvard educated Viet Nam era pilot, was (like a number of fighter jocks of my acquaintance) prone to flying his sports cars down urban streets at speeds well in excess of 100 miles/hour. One such late night flight on Lamar Ave. entailed the death a pedestrian & Fred zooming off to his house. To his credit, Fred later avowed that he would never have left the man bleeding to death on the sidewalk if he had realized that he had hit him. Memphis being Memphis (and the deceased being Black, poor & obviously in no condition to kick up a fuss), a modest payment to the man's survivors ensured that bygones were bygones. No criminal charges ensued despite the fact that an off-duty deputy sheriff happened to be following Fred's car and witnessed the whole affair. The rumor that Fred was drunk off his ass at the time can be put down to malicious gossip by small minded people envious of Fred's success.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.