February 28, 20188 yr Active Members Perhaps...but Jolson's talents, reputation, notwithstanding and within an historical context, "blackface" remains a mark of racism.
February 28, 20188 yr Active Members Mr. Interlocutor: Who was that gentleman I saw you with last night? AS: That was no gentleman, that was my husband. Best regards, RA1
February 28, 20188 yr 26 minutes ago, RA1 said: Mr. Interlocutor: Who was that gentleman I saw you with last night? AS: That was no gentleman, that was my husband. Best regards, RA1 ROFL!
February 28, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, RA1 said: 2 hours ago, MsAnn said: Perhaps...but Jolson's talents, reputation, notwithstanding and within an historical context, "blackface" remains a mark of racism. Sorry, I was before looking at this on the phone, and could not see that was blackface. Agree in full.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.