TotallyOz

Hillary Clinton's First 2016 Campaign Video?

We can only hope. She'll whip those republican congressmen in shape in about 5 minutes.

Thank you!

It has been remarked in the press, a little at least, that Bill and Barack share the advantage of brain-power (Nixon's actually admiring assessment of Clinton, reported in Monica Crowley's Nixon Off the Record, which of course may be slanted because among other things Dick was bonking her once Pat passed away. But I digress) but differ in some genuinely significant ways in how they approach the effecting of governance.

Bill spent all day tending to the presidency proper, THEN all evening -- from like 6pm until often well after midnight -- on the phone with House and Senate members. Of both parties. He and Dole reportedly would on the phone often find some middle ground that each party would probably accept, and then have a running joke about who would get the tedious job of selling it to Newt: "I told Newt last time! Your turn now." "No, you got me last time selling him three things in one! You still owe me two more." Etc.

Obama's commitment to dinner with family, then late evening time of thoughtful solitude, of course is valuable, as that is his temperament and who he is.

To sum: Bill loved practical politics. Prof. Obama finds it a nuisance. (Rightly so, but we live in the world we have.)

So, as the man said, a little testicular fortitude in bending Congress to the Executive's will could go a long way. Whether BO discovers it in himself now thx to 2nd-term immunity, or whether we have to wait to learn Hillary's intentions.