Guest ryoyo

R3 sauna 24 hours?

Has anyone here ever tried to stayed overnight in R3 sauna?

I am curious about the activities and atmosphere there around midnight and before dawn.

I myself have experienced overnight in a sauna many many times in tokyo and I felt very satisfied with the service there. Not to mention the guests, around 10pm you could ask the staff for blanket (because it would be chilly), and the music were turned down, changed to kind of soft relaxing music. You could sleep in any private cabin if empty or in public zone with other half naked guests.

I am very curious about the 24 hour service here, hope R3 would be as favorable as it.

I haven't tried, but from my experience at other late-night saunas in Bangkok, I'd say it's unlikely that they'll give you blankets, etc. That said, you could indeed sleep in one of the private rooms, a friend of mine did just that while I was keeping myself, uhm, busy.

unfortunately haven't tried that, so can't report. But maybe that's an idea to explore hehe .... ;-)

What made you do this in Tokyo? Just for the fun of it or a as a cheaper alternative to a hotel?

Hehe, maybe I would bring my own thin blanket along.

Regarding my experience in Tokyo, I would rather say that it was just for fun.

I was on my business trip and well accommodated by my company but I just slept alone everynight. At the sauna (exactly called hattenba in japanese), sometimes I could sneak in my favorite guys' cabin to sleep with, or I might lock the cabin if prefered being alone (actually it could be unlocked easily from outside =="). It might be not as crowded as thailand's saunas but the hattenba had an average guests coming all the day, I mean even at midnight, assuming that because lots of japanese men work until very late, when some train station stops already.