lilbob69

Samsung Gear S2

There are several legitimate shops in Tukcom (Winner, Jaymart, New wave, IT Center, PowerBar, etc.). It's the small kiosks where the ripoffs take place and buyer beware. I have seen the Samsung Gear S2 classic at the Samsung Tukcom and Samsung Central Festival stores for 11,600 baht. A friend has one and he loves it.

There are 4reasons why I said would you use Tukcom;

1. As lilibob as said it is often as cheap at home.

2. They were raided a year or two ago for selling counterfeit goods. Think they have stopped?

3. No guarantees once you return to farang land.

4. Only the other day I HAD to buy a phone for a boy at Tukcom. He put it on charge the second day and the changing plug blew itself up off the wall socket

Enough said!

Can't help it if you are unable to discern which store to buy from.

I have bought 1/2 dozen iPhones from New Wave. They have been perfect with the usual world wide warranty.  Prices have not been better because they are set in stone but at times they have been available in Thailand before the USA.

I have no knowledge of 3rd rate phones and I am sure some of the stores in Tukcom might deal in fakes which frankly happens all over the world.

It is the old story Buyer Beware .  Do your research and understand what you are getting. Same World Wide.

I am absolutely positive you will never get a fake from New Wave and they will offer to correct anything that goes wrong  .

Painting with a Broad Brush with limited knowledge is always dangerous!

You post on all the Forums and I am sure if you had asked the question on any one of them, what dealer can I trust in Tukcom, you would have gotten a reply and many would have told you New Wave and thus you would have had a much different experience.

I have had friends buy phones from NewWave and were completely satisfied. Some of the smaller outlets charge 2 - 2.5% for using a cc. I don't pay that surcharge and will not buy frome them. My warranty is doubled using my cc and any issues with the vendor; and quick call to my cc company has someone in my corner protecting my interests.