reader

Cloud 47 bar closing

From BK site

Cloud 47, the Silom rooftop bar which took Thai beer garden-style boozing to the sky, is set to close at the end of March.

The bar's owner, Pheeraphon Pipawakorn, made the announcement on his personal Facebook page late last week.

Opened in mid-2013, the bar on the 47th floor of Silom's United Center Building hit the sweet spot for its sweeping views of the central business district, Chao Phraya River and beyond, as well as drink prices far cheaper than most rooftop competitors. 

According to Pheeraphon, the bar will cease operations on Mar 31 after the expiry of its lease, with the space then set to be converted into an office.

http://bk.asia-city.com/nightlife/news/cloud-47-closing-down

Since this is already on the subject of non-gay bars, Stickman this week lists his top 11 BKK lady go-go bars. For those interested in what's happening on the other side of the street, Tilac in Soi Cowboy cops the number one slot (no Patpong bars made the cut).

Stick also carried a news item link that doesn't bode well for Swampy arrivals. The AOT has plans to begin scanning the bags of all arriving passengers.  As accounts mount about maddening queues at immigration, going through an additional check sounds like cruel and unusual punishment.  Only good news is that it won't start for another few years.

Stickmanweekly.com

I'm not sure if you're misquoting Stick or if he wrote it like that (for crying out loud, link straight to your source instead of just mentioning the site!). But it's wrong in any case, why would AoT be interested in the luggage of inbound passengers who don't transfer to connecting flights? They pose no threat to aviation security, and that's not what this is about.

It's customs, not AoT, that plans to scan the luggage of all incoming passengers on international flights at major Thai airports. Source:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/in-thailand/1219878/all-arriving-luggage-to-be-x-rayed-at-main-airports

Despite your rant, the fact that bags of arriving passengers are going to be scanned is accurate.

That it's Customs and not the AOT doesn't change that.

I don't take posting instructions from you...for crying out loud. 

Reader, we're writing the year 2017 A.D. (or 2560 B.E.) and we are on the WWW. I don't think that asking you to add a "deep link" to your source for convenience is asking too much. For someone who's interested in subject matters you bring to their attention, that just makes it a lot easier to continue reading. Please consider that a constructive suggestion, not an "instruction".

If your luggage is scanned by customs or by airport security does make a difference. They're looking for different things. So there IS value in reporting that truthfully. Same as with your other recent post that insinuated that foreigners will soon be allowed to own land in Thailand, when in fact that isn't on the books.

Guest abang1961

With regards to luggage check upon arrival, it is now quite a common occurrence in some airports..they are paranoid that we have illegal things to bring into the country.  Point to note: Singapore Changi Airport is one such airport!

Oh no, Cloud is closing..I was staying in Silom area in my previous trips and always wanted to try that place...

Reader, we're writing the year 2017 A.D. (or 2560 B.E.) and we are on the WWW. I don't think that asking you to add a "deep link" to your source for convenience is asking too much. For someone who's interested in subject matters you bring to their attention, that just makes it a lot easier to continue reading. Please consider that a constructive suggestion, not an "instruction".

If your luggage is scanned by customs or by airport security does make a difference. They're looking for different things. So there IS value in reporting that truthfully. Same as with your other recent post that insinuated that foreigners will soon be allowed to own land in Thailand, when in fact that isn't on the books.

Alexx, I always treat others as gentlemen unless they become otherwise. When you clarified a recent post about proposed changes in land law, I thanked you for pointing it out. That's what gentlemen do.

However, you launched into an attack because the baggage scan article didn't meet with your approval.  You know that you could have easily just gone to "stickmanweekly.com" and quickly located the original source, but you chose to make it personal.

You reap what you sow.

I'm willing to put this in the past.  As I understand it, all members are equal here. It's generally been my impression that civility in manner is returned in kind.

Reader, Stick links to exactly the same Bangkok Post article I've linked to above. He simply states, "From 2019, all arriving luggage will be x-rayed at international airports in Thailand." - I cannot find any fault with that. See the difference between you and him? He posted a very brief summary and a link to his source. You falsified the news by adding a fictious extra bit of information and provided no link.

If you see pointing that out as an attack, I will do my best to word it in a more snowflake-friendly way next time. See you around.

Sorry to hear about the closure of Cloud 47. I have been once, but it was getting dark already, so not much to see. I hope to find time to go again, before sunset, before it closes.

Here the link to stickman:

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2017/03/bangkoks-best-gogo-bar/

(important to link to the article in question, not the the website in general)