Nikom

Immigration desks for ASEAN citizens?

Arriving at the old Bangkok airport is there a separate immigration desk for ASEAN citizens to enter Thailand or do they go to the foreign desks?

Thanks

Donmueang?  Don't know as I've only used it for domestic flights.  But it shouldn't matter; they're not going to shoo you away if you got into the wrong lane as an Asean citizen is still a foreigner (I think KLIA does that but it's usually to your advantage).  I usually go to the lane with the shortest queue which invariably is the Asean lane at Suwannaphum.  I always make sure the immigration officers directing incoming passengers see my bright red passport as I've been pulled out during peak hours and led to a newly-opened queue. ;)

When you arrive Don Mueang in the afternoon it is PACKED with Asians entering Thailand.  Often the wait in the immigration lines is over an hour and a half. 

that's why it's called "no frills" and "low cost" - air tickets that offer priority channels at full service airports cost more!

bkkguy

Arriving at the old Bangkok airport is there a separate immigration desk for ASEAN citizens to enter Thailand or do they go to the foreign desks?

Thanks

There is. It is a requirement among all asean member countries to have a lane specifically for ASEAN citizens. It's one of the perks for being a member. This is a great relief esp when in Phuket when you Arrive the same time with those big aircraft