reader

Day against homophobia May 17

From Khaosod English

BANGKOK — Powerful stories, LGBT luminaries and fabulous events are coming to the capital with the return of an annual event dedicated to celebrating gay pride and ending discrimination.

Next week is IDAHOT, an event known less concisely as the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia. On May 17, the LGBT community and its friends will come together at a contemporary art space to show the power of diversity and support under the slogan "We are a #RainboyFamily. Talks, exhibitions, performances and more events will be held all day.

The event will take place at the Bangkok Art and Culture Center, best reached by skywalk from BTS National Stadium.

For event schedule:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/arts/2017/05/09/rainbows-pride-soar-bangkok-next-week/

I don't know about a "day against homophobia", but recently I found a video "John Corvino - What's Morally Wrong with Homosexuality?" that I found surprisingly good. 

What he says is like preaching to the choir here, but I have seldom heard such an intelligent dissertation about the subject, and the hour I spent watching it was well worth. The guy has been lecturing about this for many years, so he is very good at it. His arguments are so logic and irrefutable that whoever is not convinced by them is either dumb (brain washed), totally ignorant or malicious. 

Which brings me to the following video,  " Why is homosexuality wrong?", which shows how important it is for people to watch the first video.  I have the highest respect for elderly priests, but I must find that someone the age of this priest should have had enough time in life to gain sufficient reason and experience to liberate himself from stupid religious superstitions. And respect aside, this guy who has for most of his life sucked resources out of society wearing a habit to dwell in some religious fantasies sold as something holy, is instead totally harmful and should better keep his mouth shut. 

Another video by "Pastor John" satisfies my daily need for healthy chuckles.

This one is "Would you attend a gay wedding?".

The natural reaction to this video is nausea, but one can accept that the brain of this poor "pastor" must be smaller than that of a bird.