petr55

Kingsway Club in Chiangmai

Same Q was posted recently-other forum? or perhaps some hidden advertising?

The red banner here says: rab ngeun sot=offer money cash, duan=fast. took sanit=every type.

Think saw that fb page (from other forum linked?) and kind of remember it does not says HOST, but HOUSE., though in Thai this looks very, very similar. Could even be a Thai-origined mistake.

My conclusion would be, as its also not listed anywhere on the best known such listing sites, its a brand new venue now in the process of trying to hire staff.

In the past we always had very informed posters from that cool city far up north (bonton or so?), perhaps they are still there and able to pass on local info. There is/was also a dedicated site for all things gay-in-chiangmai. The latest issue of the free mag ThaiPeuan also has an enlarged section about CM, but this place is missing.

If you scroll through the posts it looks to be a bit more than a year old.  Certainly from the pictures it's not a place for sex pats, more for local guys (gays).  It looks more like it would be in the category of Fake Club, etc. in BKK, which also - appropriately enough - aren't in Thai Puan.

It was so easy to find with a simple search on google maps that I do wonder wonder about the post...., but one purpose of the forum is to gather information, so I went ahead and answered it.  Too much free I time, I think.  :)

Thank you for the replies. Yes, I posted on the other forum also but I figured I'd try my luck here.  I was hoping some local expat living in Chiangmai may see this post and respond. I looked at the Gay Chiangmai website but also didn't see any reference to Kingsway.

@DivineMadman: Do you speak or read/write thai?  I tried googling Kingsway but didn't find any results.  How did you find it?  I think your address is correct because in the middle right of the photo is the "KIngsway" logo.. (Thanks)
This place looks like it certainly caters to locals only. All the signage is in Thai only. And even their FB page doesnt list an address.  Looks like they are trying to stay under the radar. 

I do know some guys from Adam's apple who work here. I know because I am connected to them via FB and this is where I saw the pics.  Unfortunately, they hardly speak or write any english.  But gosh, some of the guys there look HOT!!!

I do suspect it is like a male host karaoke, that caters to men and women. And some of the guys  may be off'able by gays.

Anyway, if not for this damn Coronavirus scare, I was planning on visiting Chiangmai this summer.  Still undecided if I will go. WIll wait a few months to see how things are.

no-kingsway.png

22 minutes ago, petr55 said:

@DivineMadman: Do you speak or read/write thai?  I tried googling Kingsway but didn't find any results.  How did you find it?  I think your address is correct because in the middle right of the photo is the "KIngsway" logo.. (Thanks)

I forget what my google maps search was.  It's possible that because I am in Thailand I get a google map on a server over here that differs from yours.  Haven't a clue.  Or it might be that my search history is such that Google knows I want a gay bar no matter what I type.  I read/write a bit, but so poorly that I only use Thai addresses in Thai language when absolutely necessary.  :)

I wouldn't discourage you to visit Chiang Mai this summer.  I think the governor of Chiang Mai said that COVID-19 is afraid of the heat.  And I trust him.  (hehe). 

These Thai-for-Thai clubs are great to visit if you bring local guys with you as a treat.  It's just that in my experience as an observer when I've gone to these sorts of places in BKK with my young friends, predatory sex pats are not particularly welcome.  By all means go with some young friends, bring ear plugs and enjoy (if you are so inclined).

7 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

Thai-for-Thai clubs are great to visit if you bring local guys with you as a treat.  It's just that in my experience as an observer when I've gone to these sorts of places in BKK with my young friends, predatory sex pats are not particularly welcome.  By all means go with some young friends, bring ear plugs and enjoy (if you are so inclined).

Thanks for your reply.  Yeah I normally go with some local guys and open a bottle and just enjoy the atmosphere (disco dance shows or karaoke songs) and in the process get to check out the locals.  There is always at least a guy there that can translate for me.  Once you get to know the guys, it is easier to off them.