Guest SouthernMan

Anything Original Here???

Guest SouthernMan

So, what is so special about this site? Looks like a clone of m4m, from the layout to the forum topics (laid out in the same order no less!).

Kind of like comparing Dial soap and Palmolive soap. Nothing to recommend one over the other as they are the same, but as a cheap imitator and second on the scene, most likely always 2nd place.

Same old same old, nothing new or original. Same old consumers, posting the same old musings under the same old handles.

YAWN!!!!!!, and to add insult to ennui, one may purchase "priviliged" membership at exorbitant rates.

How about not being a second rate imitator, and doing something new and original? If this site can't do that, then what is the purpose of its existence?

>So, what is so special about this site?

You are here! That makes it special to me.

>Kind of like comparing Dial soap and Palmolive soap.

Ya know, I have always preferred Dial. Palmolive gives me a bit of a rash.

>Same old same old, nothing new or original.

Well, this posting is most surely new. Original? Not sure yet. ^_^ But, thanks for trying.

> If this site can't do that, then

>what is the purpose of its existence?

World Peace of course. Isn't that the goal of all sites? ^_^ jk.

The purpose is to inform, amuse and entertain. Thank you for this morning's dose of amusement. ^_^

^_^

Oz

Guest SouthernMan

Oz, it is a well documentated fact that you were a close friend of HB, and your postings on his site were always among the best and brightest.

As such, you are a true light in your own right, so come out of HB's shadow, and shine!

Take this site to what HB might have taken M4M!

That was my only point. Don't settle on being a planet when you can be the star/sun that planets revolve around! Give us something new and exciting and different.

> Give us

>something new and exciting and different.

Thank you. We will have many new features and will try to make things different. We are already at work integrating a live Chat and Instant Messaging system into the site. There are other things in the works as well. We will bust our Asses to make this site different and exciting. However, we do need input from others. Any suggestions you have are appreciated. We have full-time programmers that will work on future enhancements in the next few months. What did you have in mind?

Guest eastburbguy

I beg to differ. I believe this site aspires to combine the best features of a review site and a listing site, with additional exciting new features. :D

Competition can be a good thing. ;-)

>Oz, I don't know if TY has told you, but he and I have been

>having a daily email exchange as I identify glitches, typos,

>etc. I'm trying to do my part. :o

Yes, he told me and your input has been very valuable. Thank you! Please keep it coming. This week and next we should have all the tech bugs worked out and can start on additional features. Thanks again!

Oz