Guest BewareofNick

Coretta Scott King dies at 78

Guest BewareofNick

As I was on my way to work this morning, I heard the sad news that the widow of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr died today.

Coretta Scott King ably protected and carried on her husband's dream. She was always gracious and warm, and yet fiery and determined when she needed to be. It if often said that behind every great man there is an even greater woman, and Mrs. King so graciously proved that old canard to be true.

Thank you for all you and your husband have done for us. I hope one day that your dream will be reality for everyone.

...the funeral ceremony was great, but I could have done without the Zionist speaker. Does anyone thnk that Martin or Coretta would support the Zionist occupation of Palestine? Nonetheless, it was nice for the nation to pay her the Tribute of being eulogized by 4 Presidents (and a future one) despite the fact that none of these shared her commitment to non-violence or social justice...

>...the funeral ceremony was great, but I could have done

>without the Zionist speaker. Does anyone thnk that Martin or

>Coretta would support the Zionist occupation of Palestine?

>Nonetheless, it was nice for the nation to pay her the Tribute

>of being eulogized by 4 Presidents (and a future one) despite

>the fact that none of these shared her commitment to

>non-violence or social justice...

Curiosity killed the cat. Which future one were you referring to?

Maya Angelou? Bush 41? No, Hillary, of course...Actually, I don't think she will make it. Standing next to Bubba Bill and up agaist Bush 43, Carter, she looked out of place...

Guest BewareofNick

Seems to me that the Jews had a prior claim to the land until they were cast out. Welcome back, Auntie S.

And yes, Clinton 44 will be the next President.

... funny, there weren't a lot of blonde and blue guys hanging around there back then swigging back vodka...

P.S. Do you really think there is only one supporter of Palestine in the world? FYI, Coretta was one one also...

Guest BewareofNick

There could have been a Palestinian state back when Israel was re-formed, but the Palestinians chose war over having a state. That was their choice and it was a stupid one. The Israelis were only reclaiming what God had given them to begin with. They were willing to compromise and make sure that there was a Palestine as well, but the Palestinians wanted war. That's worked out pretty well for them, hasn't it?