TampaYankee

What Happened in Vegas Stays in Vegas

• Members

Many of us have 'known' each other in an online sense over several years -- before this site existed. In that time friendships, familar acquaintanceships, and acrimonius relationships were established. A lot of back slapping, nose tweeking and acting out has taken place in the past.

Now many friends, acquaintances, and former antagonists have come together to establish a community to share common interests, differing opinions, dicussions, and on occasion humor. We have witnessed some willing to let the past remain in the past, ready to move on. Others come trying to overlook the past if it will be allowed. And others still drag the past in the door with them, softly treading though they may be. Nevertheless they brandish flashes of the past openly.

There have been instances where members were unable to let go of the past. They wallowed in it or they manifested their investment in the past by baiting and then bitch slapping when the bait was taken. A few couldn't give up the past so they live in the past elsewhere, wherever they found its last refuge. Those that wish to remain in the past will have to find it elsewhere.

IMO we have a very amicable community starting to grow. I get very positive vibes that bode well for the future. We are moving into that future. Thanks for making this a ccommunity where people want to gather.

TY

Guest BewareofNick

Those who do not learn the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them.

You have to admit, TY, this is something of a unique situation. How often does one message center spawn two additional ones?

Guest TakeTwo

I hear everything that TY and Oz are saying here and agree for the most part with it all. But at the risk of sounding challenging, which is not my intention, I'd just like to offer this to the dialogue...

We all have a history. Whether we originated from here, there, or the other place, or even beyond any of the three, we all have a history. That's what makes us the unique individuals who we are today. That's what makes us all unique. We've all been through personal shit that some might have been privy to and perhaps others not. If we are to erase our histories simply to make this a place of civility, what have any of us gained, and what do we really have to share with, or teach others of, our world and personal experiences if that is the case?

I suggest that we honor our histories and share them all where appropriate and in a civil way. I can not imagine that simply because some have experienced unique experiences which perhaps some have not, or perhaps disagreed with, should be a reason not to recall, celebrate or regale them when meaningful and appropriate.

I for one have entertained behavior on message boards that I have come to realize was too agressive and too personal for the environment in which it was housed. Not to mention taking people to task who were only simply trying to provide a medium for open dialogue. My history is important here, because I have learned from it and should not be limited about sharing it.

So anyway, I've always wished that there was something hot and nasty that would remain in Vegas when I had left...sadly, for me, it has always just been my money.:-)

Guest TakeTwo

>The opening scene of Red Storm Rising comes to my mind.

Is that currently available on DVD? Netflex? lol

Seriously, it's cool to see that there's a process here, that gets due diligence, and then, a publicly stated result of that process. A Pub owner will always have controversy within his walls; it's always a part of the environment which he invites in and welcomes. The diversity of the "stoolers" or "dart throwers" or "billiard players" or "pin ball wizards" (have I left anyone out?) speaks to the health of the Pub as a whole. How issues are handled between anyone of the groups, or individuals, is as important to one as it is to all.

Now where's my fucking Hamburger and fries? I ordered them over 20 minutes ago!

:7

Guest VoxPennae

I apologize for accidentally editing this post. For the record, I was trying to respond to Vox's speculation that others who have, in the past, strenuously pressed their desire of unfettered speach could or would settle for less here. At least that is my representation of comment he was expressing. It was a reasonable question posed in a reasonable manner.

Once again, I apologze for stepping on it. My response to his speculation follows below.

TY

• Members

All that have been around for a while have seen what has and hasn't worked at other sites; how well it worked too. Those other sites or the descendants exist for those that pefer them. If not then it is easy to create a new site.

All that enter these doors know what it desired and expected. Some may not share that vision. Others may share it but are just incapable of monitoring themselves when they get excited. The end result looks the same. Ultimately it is behavior not intention that counts. That is why the Pub doors swing both ways.

Guest TakeTwo

>I apologize for accidentally editing this post. For the

>record, I was trying to respond to Vox's speculation that

>others who have, in the past, strenuously pressed their desire

>of unfettered speach could or would settle for less here. At

>least that is my representation of comment he was expressing.

>It was a reasonable question posed in a reasonable manner.

>

>Once again, I apologze for stepping on it. My response to his

>speculation follows below.

>

>TY

Was this an "Edit" of his post or a complete deletion of it, replaced by your commentary? I cannot see anything that resembles his org post here except for your explanation of it and apology for editing it. If there was something here before, then this post is quite confusing.

Guest VoxPennae

>I stepped on the whole thing. Nothing was left of the

>original post/ :(

>

>No individual or individuals were singled out just a remark

>concerning 'some posters' .

TY, I take you at your word that there was no malice or intent to censor related to the vanishing of my original post. You have been a rather fair and balanced administrator of this site since it's inception.

For those who did not see my original post I will provide the gist of it here. I found it a bit ironic that an entire thread could disappear, be edited or deleted and return. Many of the individuals who now post here would vehemently accuse the administrators of another site of blatant censorship if similar action were taken. In short, I question whether those same individuals have truly changed their spots or not. Personally, I wonder if they have.

>I found it a bit ironic that an entire

>thread could disappear, be edited or deleted and return.

Please don't find it ironic. ^_^

I took the thread down as I knew a post was not acceptable and I wanted to ask TY and Barry what to do with it. We discussed it, deleted the one post and returned the thread. It is really that simple. It may have been the first time this was done here but it won't be the last. We are trying to create a community where people feel free to post and to interact. We are not now nor will be ever be interested in a place where bullies rule, meanness prevails and vendettas emerge. If that is what one is looking for, they have come to the wrong place. This is a gentlemen's club and the rules are posted very clearly with a link on every page of the site.

• Members

Thanks for taking the opportunity to repost your thoughts. I'm pleased that the community has the post before it as you intended.

While it does not alleviate me of the rightlfully deserved 'Dufus of the Day' status I am glad it was restored as it clearly puts the onus on me and removes any cloud from the post.

Guest FourAces

I moved from Las Vegas becasue I disliked that promotion plus if all the juice stayed in LV then no one would hear all the ood stuff. Besides, our mayor actually sold the slogan to a for profit ad company .. total sale amount $1.00.

The mayor needs to take negotiation lessons from Scott Adler ^_^