AdamSmith

Preserve, protect and defend

Let me try to do this without too much sanctimony.

The welcoming, accepting mood here stands in marked contrast to some other MCs.

Reviewing many old threads on Hooboy's boards, I'm struck by how direct, honest, unguarded and even heartfelt many were.

By the time I discovered that MC in 2003, it still had lots of good attributes. But it was already turning into a place where one was as liable to be attacked out of nowhere for something innocuous as not. I remember making some post about Andrew Sullivan, admittedly a banal observation and ultra-bleeding heart to boot, and immediately getting smacked by doug69 with the label "you whiny liberal." OK, the shoe fits. But did it have to be jammed on with such force? And of course that was a tiny example. At its worst, it was like trying to converse in a roomful of Rottweilers in full cry.

Here, from the outset I've felt free to be open, direct and blatantly biographical, far less arch and guarded, than ever over there. There I would never have thought to post an ongoing narrative about my in some ways absurd but nonetheless quite real infatuation with Andre (who coincidentally happens to be due at my door within the hour -- the beat goes on). Lord knows what kind of ridicule it would have garnered, at least in certain latter days. The understanding reception here has been a welcome assurance that I may be nuts but I'm not that unusual.

These thoughts may draw barbs about advocating censorship. Hardly. I overindulge in cracking wise at poor RockHard's expense despite trying to restrain myself. And plenty of other failings. Mea culpa.

So. Just one poster's experience of some of the virtues of this place, and why it would be good to see them furthered.

• Members

There I would never have thought to post an

>ongoing narrative about my in some ways absurd but nonetheless

>quite real infatuation with Andre (who coincidentally happens

>to be due at my door within the hour -- the beat goes on).

>Lord knows what kind of ridicule it would have garnered, at

>least in certain latter days.

Well consider yourself ridiculed! It's ridiculous that you could get infatuated by anyone who is not named Vincent! Don' you read my posts???

:7 :7

>Well consider yourself ridiculed! It's ridiculous that you

>could get infatuated by anyone who is not named Vincent! Don'

>you read my posts???

>:7

With drool cup in hand. And nor have I managed to surround myself with 5 Andres. One does one's best but your achievements distort the bell curve!

Your Vincent reports, my Andre posts, Oz's account of falling hard -- for some of us it is not possible to share these things even with those closest to us in everyday life. This community, here, is where these experiences find recognition and understanding. That's how I conceive the heart of the mission here, and what I laud (note the absence of doug69 saying "suck up to") site management for working to preserve, protect and defend.

• Members

That's how I conceive the heart of the

>mission here, and what I laud (note the absence of doug69

>saying "suck up to") site management for working to

>preserve, protect and defend.

Adam:

In all seriousness, I agree with you entirely. I know both ADMINS personlaly, and I know what their vision is. It's a good concept, like you have so nicely stated, and that's why I supported this site with my daily visits even when it used to be just me and the two ADMINS! haha

But it's REALLY good now with guys like you around too. Sharing things that have made you happy is one of the purest joys of life.

Guest jessedane

I agree completely Adam. I've been a regular poster on probably a dozen different message boards on a variety of topics over the years and I find this one to be one of the friendliest I have ever been a part of.

• Members

"Poor" RockHard

We all should be so poor. Even if the luxury hotel is overrun with Starwood members, Rock is spending a month in Sardinia in the Mediterranean. I'd trade places with him in a second and wouldn't care what people said about me on a message board. I guess the laughs are on us.

Guest TakeTwo

>guess the laughs are on us.

Only if you subscribe to the notion that you are either A) a reject or, B) a loser... for being a member here. That's entirely up to you to conclude for yourself.

Rockhard's announcement of his month long trip was two fold. 1) To make himself appear more successful than most everyone else here, and over at M4M. Most emotionally healthy people would have just gone on their trip without the need to announce it after a personal assassination of another. But he needs to put people down, make them feel inferior to compensate for his "Liza" complex. 2) If you really pay attention to Rockhead's announcement, it was his way of slamming Oz, and then not being around to deal with a more superior intellect to debate. Not that there would have been one, but he carefully covered his ass in a number of ways to ensure that there was wasn't one. Rockhard reminds me of the dick I had when I was nine. It was there, but was the one thing in my life I wanted to get rid of. I'm so glad I waited till I was twelve! :-)

Envy Rockhard for his Starwood vacation? I'd rather fuck a dead rotting corpse in the ass, in a filthy alley with starving rats biting at my nipples before that would ever happen. But then again, that's just me.

[em]Received from TakeTwo:

"Feel free to express contrary views, dislike or displeasure in a way that keeps the folks from tossing our Blue Plate Special. Thanks."

You're absolutely correct. I can't even re-read this this morning without a nauceous acid reflex movement in my stomach. Somehow, the humor (or lack there of) simply did not transfer from pen to paper. I guess posting after a day of golf in the beastly sun ... is not a good thing.

Please feel free, if you have the time, and are so inclined, to edit that last remark on my behalf to: (edit time has expired)

Envy Rockhard for his Starwood vacation? I think not.

Thanks and sorry.

TakeTwo

Guest FourAces

>

>Rockhard's announcement of his month long trip was two fold.

>1) To make himself appear more successful than most everyone

>else here, and over at M4M. Most emotionally healthy people

>would have just gone on their trip without the need to

>announce it after a personal assassination of another. But he

>needs to put people down, make them feel inferior to

>compensate for his "Liza" complex.

hey #### #### what is this world coming to? you actually pawed out something i agree completely with. now dance #### #### dance ^_^

>Envy Rockhard for his Starwood vacation? I'd rather fuck a

>dead rotting corpse in the ass, in a filthy alley with

>starving rats biting at my nipples before that would ever

>happen.

Lucky for you there are no dead rotting corpse, yet.

===========

ok I've seen some strange filtering on a message board over the years but to filter out #### #### his pet name makes absolutely no sense to me, then many feel i have no sense at all anyway.

just gay when i'm in ny and a fag when i'm in la and a queer when i'm on the wpt.

next two tournys los angeles eom and tunica end of sept, at 10,000 a buy in wish me luck, lol.

• Members

> I'd rather fuck a

>dead rotting corpse in the ass, in a filthy alley with

>starving rats biting at my nipples before that would ever

>happen. But then again, that's just me.

>

It is this kind of rhetorical excess that contributed to things spinning out of control in the past.

We serve food on the premises and this won't help appetites. Feel free to express contrary views, dislike or displeasure in a way that keeps the folks from tossing our Blue Plate Special. Thanks. :7

• Members

>ok I've seen some strange filtering on a message board over

>the years but to filter out #### #### his pet name makes

>absolutely no sense to me, then many feel i have no sense at

>all anyway.

To put it bluntly you are dragging the past in the door using a demeaning name you coined. Cute, it is not. Funny, it is not. Entertaining, it is not. If you dont want to leave all of the past at the door then please don't bother to drop in.

• Members

I did not mean that I wanted to be RockHard, just that I wanted his Starwood points. I would take advantage of the ferry services from Sardinia to Rome, Naples and Sicily. Sounds like a nice vacation to me, especially in early September when the tourists thin out a little.

Of course, I agree that it was cowardly to post such a long nasty message and then mention a resort in Sardinia where he would be staying for a month and therefore unavailable to respond to e-mails. An 'important' person like Rock would surely bring his laptop. If the laptop fails, Sardinia must have Internet cafes. For all we really know Rock is still in New York City and just wanted to impress us with his phoney "vacation."

Frankly, I found the tone of your response a little strong. RockHard is often a

jerk, but from your response you would think he had murdered someone.

Guest TakeTwo

>> I'd rather fuck a

>>dead rotting corpse in the ass, in a filthy alley with

>>starving rats biting at my nipples before that would ever

>>happen. But then again, that's just me.

>>

>

>It is this kind of rhetorical excess that contributed to

>things spinning out of control in the past.

I don't believe so TY. I've only used that phrase once before in the past,and as gross as it is, I sincerly do hope I'll never keyboard it again.

>We serve food on the premises and this won't help appetites.

>Feel free to express contrary views, dislike or displeasure in

>a way that keeps the folks from tossing our Blue Plate

>Special. Thanks. :7

Well, To those of you enjoying the blue plate special, if you ever got it.... I never got my burger and fries which I ordered at 9pm. At 945 I reordered it with the distain of the bartender to the backroom cook. although it was twice ordered, the cocky boy with the big dick only offered me a "blow job" (shot that is.....pfffft) to cover my disappointment in timely service. When a man is hungry a man should be fed. TY, what is up with your kitchen and their inability to serve a basic meat product on your menu?

Do I need to complain even more?

}( :P

Guest TakeTwo

>Frankly, I found the tone of your response a little strong.

>RockHard is often a

>jerk, but from your response you would think he had murdered

>someone.

Girlfriend, you have NO idea about how my repsonse was tempered.

Guest SouthernMan

Now that is one hot dude! Talk about a boner! I absolutely adore those anorexic twink boys, truly I do!!! If only this boney little hottie was hung a little larger, SIGH!, then Heaven wouldn't have to Wait! :7

Guest VoxPennae

>>At its worst, it was like trying to

>>converse in a roomful of Rottweilers in full cry.

>

>How did my original post end up letting loose the dogs of war?

>x(

>

>I was trying to make the case for keeping them penned up.

Which goes to my point that some of the individuals responsible for making "over there" such an unwelcoming place, now post on this site. Managment here does take a more proactive role in keeping the peace which was not the case with HB even while he was alive. Which is beneficial but as this site matures more "characters" will come into the mix and the dynamics can change rather quickly. This happens on many message boards as things ebb and flow.

Actually, Rottweilers are great dogs. It's their handlers that create the problems. Ok, I watch too much Dog Whisperer. :-)

Guest FourAces

I want the guy in the 6 seat at my table when I'm at the Bike next week. ^_^

But we can never have a truce becasue you will never be able to accept the FACT I am not Rico. And as long as he posts the things he does, well. But it was a nice pic/post.

Guest twinklover

two good pics and posts. Lucky, you're on a roll. I have a feeling Rico may be waiting a very, very long time cuz, well, you're Lucky. Four Aces, you don't want Lucky at your table right now. He's very likely to give you a bad beat. Wait until he cools down ;-)

Guest FourAces

> Four Aces, you don't want Lucky at your table

>right now. He's very likely to give you a bad beat. Wait until

>he cools down ;-)

I already had my bad beat for the night/day. In a cash game about 2 hours ago :( i called a $200. pre flop raise with 9h 10h. The flop was jh 6d 6h. The player udner the gun bet into the player who raised, he bet $700 .. about a pot size bet. The pre flop raiser made it $1,600. The pot is laying me 2 - 1 and at the very least I am about 37% to hit my heart with two cards to come. I flat call. The uner the gun player also flat calls. The turn is the 7h. The under the gun player checks, the original raiser bets $2,000 about a third of the $6,000 flop. I only have $5,000 left at this point so I either fold or have to push, to flat cal would not be the correct play. Since the raiser was showing weakness I put him on a over pair to the board, meaning AA KK QQ. Teh under the gun guyI put on A-J ... so I pushed the $5,000. the under the guy guy folds, Without hesitationt he original raiser calls my all in bet and before th rive card is dealt turns over 2 black Qs. Now I can't remember how many players were dealt into the hand but there are approx 26 cards left .every card exceptf ourand the player has about an 8% chance of hitting one of those four outs. That means I have a 92% chance of winning the hand and approx 22 cards that will win it for me. I love it, I am already counting my money (in my mind) the dealer burns and then turns the river .. a fucking Qh. the guy fills up and I lost about $7,000 a little less actually.

I think I had more fun when i played poker and was broke all the time ... at least the expectations weren't as high. if i lost well it wasn't a big deal or a huge amount. Oh well .. headed to LA in a few days.