Guest Boxer

Baggage and liquids on flights again

Here is the latest from Emirates. Hand bag sizes from July note!

An update on baggage rules

If you are flying to or from the European Union or any of the countries listed below, here is a brief update on the new hand baggage rules that currently apply, or will soon come into effect.

European Union: You can carry a limited quantity of liquids or items with similar consistency in your hand baggage. These must be no more than 100 ml each and must be carried in a clear plastic zip-lock bag of not more than one litre capacity. Medicines and dietary requirements required during the flight (including baby food) are exempt, as are sealed Duty Free packages that meet certain criteria. As per the UK, other EU member states will enforce hand baggage size and piece limits from 6th May 2007. To find out more, please visit www.emirates.com

USA/Canada: Similar restrictions on the carriage of liquids in hand baggage apply on flights to or from USA/Canada. For more information please visit www.emirates.com

India: When travelling from India, you will be prohibited from carrying any liquids in your hand baggage and will be limited to only one piece of baggage. Medicines accompanied by a doctor

I bought a litre of Johnny Black in Bkk airport Duty free 2 weeks ago...

Brought it on Board My flight and flew to Paris no problems...

In CDG before boarding my flight to Dublin my bottle was confiscated - according to the French security staff one may only fly on an inter-EU flight with Duty free purchased in the EU...

So beware next time on your flights home...

I'm sure the nasty piece of work who stole my whiskey is enjoying it!