TotallyOz

High Season, High Rises and High Flyers

Low Season in Thailand starts to pick up and the smell of high season is on the tip of the nose.

There is much action all over Thailand. In Pattaya, there are more boys working the bars than you will ever been able to see in a lifetime. The bars in Sunee have started to do shows but be wary of anyone without an ID card and be smart. Boyztown has been up and down with some nights amazing and some nights just dead. The one bar that seems to have a great group all the time is Wild West Boys. They have a bit of everything in there. They also have a fun show. BoyzBoyzBoyz has its usual taste of muscle boys and they seem to keep stacking them in. Personally, I love Cayuga. It is full of life and energy and has some sexy guys there. The best mamasan in Pattaya is at Dynamite. Ask for Rose and she will take good care of you. Throb/Splash recently sold and the new owners are being introduced at the Halloween party. I hope that does not mean that they are going to be horrific.

In Sunee Plaza, Jimm Jimmy James has the best selection of guys and the best-run bar. Crazy Dragon still gets along great with it table top dances and open-air briefs. I will have to say that I enjoy it there but some nights are much better than others. Why? Many of the boys are freelancers. If they don’t have a lot of customers there they don’t stay long. As high season picks up, they will get more and more boys working. The new Clubber compound is great with a gogo bar that is VERY hands on, a beer bar with a nice pool table and a good German restaurant. Monty’s Pool is now closed and no date on when someone else will take it over.

Jomptien Beach area is up and coming. They don’t have gogo bars but there are always boys galore. The new restaurants are also making it a very hip place. On the way to Jomptien there are two very high-end places that are worth trying if you don’t mind paying American prices. Manhattan’s Steak House has the best steak I have had in Thailand and the Mata Hari is excellent as well. As always, Bruno’s has a great menu and is always consistent.

In Jomptien Complex, try the Stone Grill and Monty’s Enchanted Hut. Both are great.

There is a new 92-story condo coming to Pattaya and being built as the world’s tallest residential complex. I am not sure if it will get built or not but the prices are crazy there and a 3 bedroom is almost 1millioin USD.

I saw a friends unit just finished at View Talay 5 and it is beautiful. It has an amazing balcony overlooking the ocean and the best views in Pattaya.

For those of you who like the nightlife, a new place I have really enjoyed is JJ’s Pub in Soi Day/Night. It is mostly Thai customers but a few Farangs. They have a great show and it is a lot of fun. Hollywood and Xcite are still in commission and going strong.

I was in Bangkok a few weeks back and had a good time. But, the drinks at many bars are 270 bath and offs are 400 bath. I much prefer the lower prices of Pattaya and Chiang Mai and Phuket.

There are so many boys coming into town on a daily basis. I hope those of you that head there for the winter have a fabulous time. Don’t let he coup stop you. This is still the most amazing place to visit.