Guest copa

Brazilian Saunas

I thought I would give a recent update on the Rio saunas. I posted on the sauna Thermas in Barcelona last fall. I have been to Brasil many times and wanted to let everyone know what is happening in the New Year.

While the saunas vary in size and amenities, the bottom line is if there is a guy or guys there you like then it's the best sauna on that night. But they each have nights that they are busier than other nights. Pointe 202 in Copacabana is 5 years old, they had their 5th anniversary party last Saturday. Prior to this last trip, it had become one of my least favorites as it had the same guys with little change over the last few years, and while the rooms are nice, it can be crowded and hot. But this trip there were many new faces and hot guys. Best nights for me were Fri/Sat/Sun. Monday s

really slow. Meo Mundo in downtown Rio, is the oldest in terms of facilities. No showers in the room, the beds are a plastic mattress with a clean sheet thrown on. But, one of my favorites! Why?. first the owner is a Brazilian who lived in Florida, speaks perfect English and knows about Customer service "American Style"! On Mon/Wed/Sat. night they have "no towel" night for the boys! all the working guys are naked walking around. The guys at Meo Mundo are more of the natural type builds versus Pointe which has more body builder types. But both places have a mix. Club 117 in Gloria is very good on Tues/Thurs nights and sometimes Sunday nights. often more then 30 guys working on those days. The rooms all have showers and round beds. a good mix of guys.

Estacau in Copa has reopened, but not many guys working on the nights I was there, but worth stopping in since it is only a few blocks from Pointe 202. the same can be said of Spazio which is only a few blocks from 117. The newer sauna Caracalla in Lapa, is large, beautiful and very nice, but has yet to fill up with guys. Hopefully it will take off, as it's a very nice place. On the two nights I was there, about 10 guys working. It has 30 suites, large massage room and former working boy Leandro is now the massuse after training in Spain.

Prices: there is always alot of talk about what to pay, and Americans in particur are more generouis or give into "requests" easier then others. There is alot of competition and I only had one guy out of Many that would turn down $50R. If it was a good experience and the vast majority were, then I also tip $10R Lagoa in S.P. is a different story, I will post later on Sao Paulo and the other cities. Rio is still the best place for fun.