AdamSmith

Hyatt likes us

This is probably old news but I only now chanced upon it. Banner ad on 365gay.com.

masthead_08.jpg

HYATT SPECIAL OFFERS

GLBT Fall Three for Free

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/offers...glbt_mtv_728x90

This made me wonder whether Marriott would do anything similar. Seems it has "partnered with the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce to include NGLCC-certified, LGBT-owned vendors in its supplier diversity program" (http://www.nglcc.org/BIZ/supplierdiversity/marriott). But I find no explicit GLBT guest offers from it. BUT a lot of entries on local sites that list "gay-friendly" lodgings in the area. Discreetly having it both ways?

• Members

The owner of the Manchester Hyatt in San Diego donated $125,000 to the anti-gay marriage folks to help pass Prop 8. Now the gay community is boycotting the hotel, which is independently owned. Hyatt is in a bind since they can't do anything about it. That would be my guess why you see them trying to appeal to gays a little more.

I have stayed at the Manchester Hyatt and it is a lovely hotel. Too bad the owner has wasted his money on a losing proposition.

Guest mineallmine

I had heard about the boycott on the Hyatt down here. I did find the ad campaign laughable at best. It is a cheap ploy to appeal to the Community.

I have always found the Hilton Brand and Branches to be very friendly to those of diverse tastes. Also their rewards program is very nice ;)