AdamSmith

Gilligan's gf today

I am at a loss as to the connection between this picture and this site.

Did you never watch the show?! :o

Taking, at random, just one of many such:

...Some students have wondered whether the failure of the islanders to reproduce suggests that their state was other than what it appeared; others speculate that the ever-resourceful Professor simply manufactured crude contraceptives from bananaskins and coconut shells. These hypotheses overlook the psychotic and homoerotic nature of life on the island. Two men paired up; two women paired up; Howell and his wife hopelessly out of it; the Professor alone in his hut and the monkeys visibly nervous... http://www.apeculture.com/mediamorph/minnowfiles.htm

B)

• Members

Are we not gorged to revulsion on these already? It's hard to give an objective answer to that question. Ortony, Clore and Collins discuss in their research "The Cognitive Structure of Emotions" (see p. 162) one example to demonstrate their point:

For example, if a child has an unpleasant feeling of revulsion when he sees broccoli on his plate, he is likely to attribute it to his distaste for broccoli. However, if this feeling of revulsion at the site of broccoli arises just after he has gorged himself on a snack of cookies and pickles he may still attribute it to his distaste of broccoli, even though, unknown to him, it is in fact due to the ill effects resulting from his snack."

So, my revulsion could be based upon an actual revulsion or the fact that I had earlier read a revulsive item, or for heavens sake, ate a pickle with my cookie. I just don't know.

To think this is the sum of pub discussion for the day!