caeron

Senator Craig - still a cocksucker

Senator Craig lost his latest appeal to overturn his guilty plea to indecency in a public restroom. I can't imagine what the conversations at home are like.

But I'm more curious about the fascination with T-rooms. I had a good friend in college (20+ years ago) who went a lot until he met his boyfriend in one. But they never much appealed to me. Maybe because I'm more into greek than french, and getting all naked in a public loo just seems a bit nasty.

What were others experiences with T-rooms? Did you do them then? Do you do them now? What appeals?

Guest StuCotts

I could never work up any enthusiasm for them. A couple of friends of mine loved them. One, a Met dancer, spent most of his spare time in them. But that's not what this post is about.

Each NYC subway station used to be equipped with a public toilet. They were a popular feature and had enough fans to form a subset of the tearoom queen subculture. They were cramped, crowded, grungy and fetid, and busy beyond belief. Tourists came from far and wide to experience them. In full use, they pulsated.

I used to go to work on the West Side IRT Local, now called the #1 Train. I remember that every time a train pulled into a station, the toilet door would pop open and a wave of guys would sweep out and into the train. At the same time, a squad would charge out of the train and into the toilet. It was like choreography. It went on for many years.

All that came to a fast halt when the toilets were closed down, probably out of public health concerns. I don't know details because it happened when I wasn't living here. I understand the facilities have since been reinstated in a tiny minority of stations, though I can't say which or how worth searching out they would be even to the most dedicated seeker.

He is lying scum no matter what your position regarding homosexuality is. You can't speak out of both sides of your mouth, as he has, and maintain an ounce of credibility with anyone.

Charlie Crist is next.