Guest Conway

Did Anyone Call in Gay This Week?

Not me. The only folks that I would have hurt by doing that would be my co-workers and my company-both of whom are friendly to the cause.

I'm not really out at work. I thought about it, but thought one, I don't really care to discuss this with my boss. Our relationship over the years has improved a lot, but it's always been a bit tentative, and this would be a weird way to broach the subject.

Second, my company is very gay positive, so it seems like a kind of stupid way to make a point. I think targetted protests/actions where you can focus a lot of gay attention on a few people generates the most bang.

Guest StuCotts
Being my own boss, the best I could come up with was to be at least as unproductive as on any other day.

Ditto. Other than that, I remember hearing that the day was planned, but nothing more afterwards. Did it happen? Was it successful on any level?

Ditto. Other than that, I remember hearing that the day was planned, but nothing more afterwards. Did it happen? Was it successful on any level?

I guess you'd have to define success. If some people came out at work and helped open some eyes, then it had some. As a concept, it's entirely too diffuse to have much impact overall.

Now if it had been "go piss on a mormon temple day", that might have had some impact!