TownsendPLocke

Performers who are out who stlill look to pass

• Members

I was listening to Michael Feinstein on the radio the other day.He sang As Long As He Needs Me from Oliver-but changed the "He" to "She"

He is publicly out, has plenty of dough and is big demand on the concert/cabaret circut-in other words he has nothing to lose by singing a love song about another guy-especially if the original lyrics are about a guy.

Other performers do this also.

I lose a little respect for the performer each time this happens-how do you feel about it?

I was listening to Michael Feinstein on the radio the other day.He sang As Long As He Needs Me from Oliver-but changed the "He" to "She"

He is publicly out, has plenty of dough and is big demand on the concert/cabaret circut-in other words he has nothing to lose by singing a love song about another guy-especially if the original lyrics are about a guy.

Other performers do this also.

I lose a little respect for the performer each time this happens-how do you feel about it?

When Clay Aiken finally came out, I thought it would have been appropriate for People Magazine to be headlined "Duh!" that week.

Guest mineallmine

Everyone knew he was gay anyway and he still got votes. So it really was no big suprise to anyone when he came out. I am sure the little teeny bopper girls and the mothers who adore him would have loved him anyways!