Guest BewareofNick

Ann Cuntler on the View

• Members
Ann the Man got her ass handed to her the other day on the View. Even Elisabeth seemed displeased with everyone's favorite right wing tranny.

See for yourself:Ann Cuntler on the View

She is so yesteryear... a pathetic parody of herself, not to mention an embarassment to anyone who gives her a platform which can be nothing more than a sideshow. Sean Hannity is the male counterpart.

I have no time for either.

Guest BewareofNick
She is so yesteryear... a pathetic parody of herself, not to mention an embarassment to anyone who gives her a platform which can be nothing more than a sideshow. Sean Hannity is the male counterpart.

I have no time for either.

Which of course explains why she spends so much time with Hannity and that other tired old gasbag, Dick Morris.

She is the equivalent of a shock jock among political commentators much like Keith Olberman. They are where they are because their behavior entertains. Not because they bring value via political discourse.

Guest BewareofNick
She is the equivalent of a shock jock among political commentators much like Keith Olberman. They are where they are because their behavior entertains. Not because they bring value via political discourse.

Sorry, Conway, but Keith Olbermann is nowhere even close to the "stuck on stupid" level of Ann the Man. Maybe Rosie O'Donnell, but Rosie at least has redeeming qualities.

I think that you're wrong on that one, BoN. Olbermann is as much a hack as Coulter IMO. Here is a guy who basically sits around and passes forth his own opinion. He never invites a challenge to it. The reason being that he couldn't defend his complete reliance upon unchallenged rhetoric as his only viable communicative platform. He's an entertainer that caters to the certain political leanings of the uninformed masses on the left , just like Coulter does on the right.

The whole context of his "intelligence" is constituted by his smirking at the camera or raising an eyebrow in reaction to his own "ironic humor.' HA HA HA HA HA!

Where I come from, we describe folks like him as self absorbed windbag assholes.

Guest StuCotts
Where I come from, we describe folks like him as self absorbed windbag assholes.

If that's true, I feel for the thesauruses where you come from, which would rupture themselves trying to come up with descriptions to fit Olberman's inferiors on the right.

Guest BewareofNick

Here's a few of Ann's lunatic rantings. Doesn't even come close to Olbermann.

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say." --arguing that it would be better if we were all Christian

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women. It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it's the party of women and 'We'll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'"

"If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

"I was going to have a few comments about John Edwards but you have to go into rehab if you use the word faggot." --at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference

"I'm more of a man than any liberal."

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's deaths so much." -on 9/11 widows who have been critical of the Bush administration

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee. That's just a joke, for you in the media."

"Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole."

"There are a lot of bad republicans; there are no good democrats."

"We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals."

"Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots."

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

"Liberals are stalwart defenders of civil liberties -- provided we're only talking about criminals."

"The New York Times editorial page is like a Ouija board that has only three answers, no matter what the question. The answers are: higher taxes, more restrictions on political speech and stricter gun control."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"Usually the nonsense liberals spout is kind of cute, but in wartime their instinctive idiocy is life-threatening."

"We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States."

"If John Kerry had a dollar for every time he bragged about serving in Vietnam -- oh wait, he does."

"Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the President."

"The swing voters -- I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster."

For that you'd have to pick Al Sharpton or the equivalent.

Fair enough!

Quoting Stu Cotts:

If that's true, I feel for the thesauruses where you come from, which would rupture themselves trying to come up with descriptions to fit Olberman's inferiors on the right.

You make my point well, Stu. Both Coulter and Olberman appeal to folks who are reactionary rather than thoughtful and interested in developing an undertanding of the ideas of others. Why discuss something in depth or try to develop and understanding of another person's ideas, when one can just knee jerk and label those ideas with some mischaracterized generalization and move on to the thoughtless mischaracterized personal attack in their lives? These are the folks that are attracted to the brand of media entertainment that both Coulter and Olberman display nightly.

In response to BoN's Post:

"The New York Times editorial page is like a Ouija board that has only three answers, no matter what the question. The answers are: higher taxes, more restrictions on political speech and stricter gun control."
"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."
"If John Kerry had a dollar for every time he bragged about serving in Vietnam -- oh wait, he does."

I find all three of these to be pretty funny.

Guest BewareofNick

I'll definitely give you the third one as funny.

The second one is just sick.

The first one is odd. While I can see how someone could argue the higher taxes point and the gun control point, I've never known the NYT to advocate the second point.