AdamSmith

Andrew

RIP, but what a career built on horseshit. MOMA trustees bought 'Christina's World' because they thought it a masterpiece of Surrealism. Only later did they discover that it was because the artist had zero draftsmanship.

American painter Andrew Wyeth dies at 91

wyeth.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090116/ap_on_...it_andrew_wyeth

P.S. Truncated title of this post is because I inadvertently posted too soon, and this forum software allows no editing of thread titles.

• Members

I am not a fan.His greeting card surreallism only barely qualified as meaningful art.Also his subjects( women gazing out a window or up a hill,pastoral scenes of northeastern US)holds zip interest for me.

With that being said however he did a great deal with very little talent . had a comfortable life ,and is respected amongst his peers.

Guest BewareofNick

Wow, what a bunch of bitchy comments about a man who did nothing but bring joy to people with his art. I'm especially disappointed in you, Mr. Smith, as you're usually much more intelligent than the posts in this thread would suggest.

wyethpeanuts.jpg

Wow, what a bunch of bitchy comments about a man who did nothing but bring joy to people with his art. I'm especially disappointed in you, Mr. Smith, as you're usually much more intelligent than the posts in this thread would suggest.

You overestimate me. ^_^

I do think quite a bit of N.C. Wyeth, if that mitigates anything. Jamie has his virtues too.

Schulz is of course God. The new biography by David Michaelis is riveting.