TownsendPLocke

Portland Mayor's intergenerational romance-and his lies about it

• Members

For starters let me state that I feel this fella did nothing wrong=If falling in love with some boy half your age floats your boat-well that is your business.The judgement(or lack of)of a)hoping that something like this did not surface,and B)when it does surface lying about it must give us pause.

However-If you are a "community leader"for any community and know that there are skelatons in your closet that MIGHT at some point resurface then you owe it to your community to step aside and let a "cleaner"person carry the banner for your cause.

I hope this gets sorted out and that the Mayor does not have to resign-but it still will color his term of office.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090120/ap_on_...ortland_s_mayor

I'm a local and this is disheartening.

Like most here I'm sure, I don't care that he and the kid fucked. But he really screwed the pooch in trying to cover the whole thing up. If his current story is true, then he's clean. He said he dated the kid for a few weeks after he turned 18. (below 18 would be a crime here) I'm convinced portlanders would have shrugged their shoulders and ignored it.

Now he's made it much worse by trying to cover it up and acting guilty.

There was a lot of hope that he'd be a great mayor for portland. I hope this doesn't completely torpedo him just after he's taken office.

Well, Sam Adams has decided to stay on as Mayor. Time will tell how much he's damaged himself with this idiocy.

Beau Breedlove gave an interview to the Oregonian backing up Sam Adams story mostly. He said they kissed twice before he turned 18.

I still think he should have responded to the initial allegations with a "piss off. I've done nothing wrong and I'm not going to debate my private life." Once he started talking about it, he both lied and made the subject fair game.