BigK

White Picket Fence pulled out from its Roots.

• Members

Revolutionary Road was ripped off on Academy Award Nominations. Terrific performances by Kate Winslet & Leonard DiCaprio.

It was an awesome study of the descent into madness. I won't say any more about that because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Also a great period piece of 1950's suburban America and the male dominated corporate working environment like seen on Mad Men.

I also saw The Wrestler & Slumdog Millionaire and enjoyed both movies, but think they may have suffered slightly from over hype.

The big awards have always valued smaltz over substance.

I decided I'd had enough of the Oscars when the feel good movie crash beat brokeback. Maybe it was just sour grapes for me, but I found Crash really really shallow.

Thanks for the vote for revolutionary road, I'll try to go see it.

There's smaltz and then there's smaltz. I greatly enjoyed slumdog millionaire, but at it's core it's just a smaltzy love story. Haven't seen wrestler, sounds like it's good, but not really that interesting to me. Not having seen it, I won't critique its smaltziness :-)