Gaybutton

Money Laundering Scheme Busted by Police

KOH SAMUI, July 18 (TNA)

Thai commandos on Tuesday arrested two Britons, two Danes and three Thai nationals on suspicions of money laundering in a pre-dawn crackdown on their houses in the southern resort island of Samui in Surat Thani province, said a local TNA reporter.

About 100 armed police, led by Pol.Gen. Dussadee Areeya, chief of Department of Special Investigation Police's Information Technology, raided houses and businesses belonging to the seven suspects at 05.45 am and apprehended all of them on court order.

The TNA reporter said police had confiscated some documents found during the search. Thai police acted on the tip off from Danish police about a foreign money laundering racket that has operated in Thailand with its network in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui. The gang members have also been involved in drugs and faced an arrest for extortion.

The two Britons and two Danes were identified as Peter Watkin Jones, Crispin Paton-Smith, Peter Rosenberg and Kim Lingard Nilson; while the Thais were identified as Pramuan Somwong, a government land officer, Sam-rerng Buanak and Pratheep Muangkaew. Pramuan has been charged with government document forging.

Pol. Gen. Dussadee said the gang operated through a land company jointly set up with the Thai nationals.

''Once they sold a piece of land to a buyer, they would add that buyer as the company's board member and only part of the money from the deal would change hands in Thailand and the rest transferred to overseas,'' said the police general.

(TNA)-E004

Guest Hedda

Don't look now, dear, but you can add another item to that list of things you seldom see in Pattaya:

- Farangs who read Hedda's posts -

(check out my mafia post to your Koh Samui one )

Don't look now, dear, but you can add another item to that list of things you seldom see in Pattaya:

- Farangs who read Hedda's posts -

(check out my mafia post to your Koh Samui one )

But I did read your post. That's why I posted this one. More of the typical corruption that goes on.

You are wrong when you say that "farang" who read Hedda's posts are rare. I think more people look for your posts than any other posts.