KYTOP

Wow, A Republican Senator From Massachusetts

• Members

I have been watching the election results in Massachuetts and I am dumbfounded. The most Democratic leaning state in the Union elects a Republican to fill Edward Kennedy's old Senate seat. Looks like the GOP isn't dead after all.

Someone in Washington really needs to wake up and realize how upset people in this country are.

Me thinks this will be a very interesting year for Politics.

• Members

Someone in Washington really needs to wake up and realize how upset people in this country are.

Me thinks this will be a very interesting year for Politics.

The Democrats reap what they sew -- both locally and nationally. Unfortunately, I suspect everyone will draw the wrong conclusions from this fiasco. Given the ineptitude in all political sectors it is hard to imagine that they won't.

My question for the locals is: Long after the message has been sent how long will they lie comfortably in this bed? They signed on for a six year stint with no early out. :unsure:

I think former Clinton Advisor, Lanny Davis, hit the nail on the head with his editorial in the WSJ a few days ago. President Obama and the Congressional Democrats were so hell bent on getting a health bill signed into law that they corrupted it via the deals they made to wave participative costs with states representaed by Mary Landrieu, Ben Nelson and their political friends in the Labor Unions. They violated what most Americans see as a doctrine of fairness- if we all get health care, we should all pay for it.

In their exuberance to get the bill passed, they may have actually killed it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703837004575013221708478134.html

• Members

I think former Clinton Advisor, Lanny Davis, hit the nail on the head with his editorial in the WSJ a few days ago. President Obama and the Congressional Democrats were so hell bent on getting a health bill signed into law that they corrupted it via the deals they made to wave participative costs with states representaed by Mary Landrieu, Ben Nelson and their political friends in the Labor Unions. They violated what most Americans see as a doctrine of fairness- if we all get health care, we should all pay for it.

In their exuberance to get the bill passed, they may have actually killed it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703837004575013221708478134.html

I think you are right on point here. This process was not the change that people voted for.

I don't read or listen to Lanny Davis. IMO he is a practitioner of all that is bad with the Clintons and none of the good. I guess this must be one of those instances when a broken clock gives the right time. :o

• Members

I think you are right on point here. This process was not the change that people voted for.

I don't read or listen to Lanny Davis. IMO he is a practitioner of all that is bad with the Clintons and none of the good. I guess this must be one of those instances when a broken clock gives the right time. :o

BTW Conway, I have missed your contributions to the discussion. Good to hear from you.