Guest lurkerspeaks

Levi Johnston for mayor

• Members

Just announced that Levi is going to run for mayor of Wasilla Alaska.. Trying to win the seat that Palin used to occupy..

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/09/politics/main6758624.shtml

Nothing surprises me about that airhead family. Most likely, he will win the election and later become governor.

Talk about disfunctional - that whole group reminds me of a bunch of Jerry Springer contestants.

• Members

Poor Levi...

He ought stop believing his own PR hype and use some of the money he made from his prior activities to complete high school and get some additional education or technical training. That or put in some serious gym time and work 'it' for all he has while he has it. That is if he can get 'it' in the gym. He's not there yet. I'd advise the education route myself.

• Members

Yep, he's officially a press whore. But he'd probably do a better job than Sarah!

Do you really know anything about Wasilla Alaska to know whether she did a good job or not? Or does your hate for her over shadow everything else?

Guest zipperzone

Do you really know anything about Wasilla Alaska to know whether she did a good job or not? Or does your hate for her over shadow everything else?

It's not really about whether Palin did or did not do a good job as mayor. Palin is a cunt. Levi may be a prick, but I'd take a prick over a cunt any day.

• Members

Poor Levi...

He ought stop believing his own PR hype and use some of the money he made from his prior activities to complete high school and get some additional education or technical training. That or put in some serious gym time and work 'it' for all he has while he has it. That is if he can get 'it' in the gym. He's not there yet. I'd advise the education route myself.

Amen, TampaYankee! I totally agree! The other day when I heard this announcement on a television newscast, I spoke aloud: "You better become educated!" Who wants an extremely limited mayor who's a high school dropout!! Those days are long, long gone!!!

• Members

Yes actually, though I don't remember the details now I read a couple stories about it and heard an interview or two with locals. My recollection is that she left the city in a lot of debt and services had to be cut. Her half-term as Governor didn't seem so disastrous, but that's because of all the regulation and near socialization of all oil companies working in Alaska... you know, which she doesn't want anywhere else to have. The answer to the BP spill is LESS REGULATION remember!

But in Wasilla she seemed much like Bush (in Texas and the US). It's the republican way: Cut taxes, but only ever substantially on the rich, then cut back services for the middle class and the poor. Then sell yourself to those same people as a populist--helping them keep their money. Tell that to any Californian that's had to pay a bill for UC system tuition in the last several years!

That said, I'd say hate isn't a strong enough word. Loathe is closer. She has no ideas, no convictions. She wants power and will vacantly recite whatever talking points she thinks will get it for her, regardless of if it includes fomenting civil war beside the nuttiest tea-baggers.

It's tragic that people like her and Newt can start class warfare of the poor/middle against the poor!

A friend of mine had a great point about the argument that it's critical to extend the Bush tax cuts to save the economy... if those cuts are so great for the economy how the fuck is it in the toilet after so many years of them already?

Guest restless

You see his new show is going to be called Loving Levi or some shit like that? I can't help but think that his agent knows he's got us by the balls. As it were.