Guest lurkerspeaks

Remember when??

Guest lurkerspeaks

Remember when.....

1) Snack pack pudding came in cans?

2) TV had three main channels, ABC, NBC, CBS?

3) Beer cans and soda cans had removable pop top tabs?

4) You returned empty soda bottles for a deposit?

feel free to add your own recollections....

Guest zipperzone

Milk & bread were delivered daily to your house

The phone company would send a serviceman to hook up your phone when you moved

Children walked to school rather being driven there in a Lexus SUV

• Members

you had to physically get up and walk to change the channel on the TV?

:lol: I recall when I thought folks with remotes were terminally lazy. Then I got one (came w/set) and now I spend 10 minutes hunting for the remote rather than manually adjust the sound. :rolleyes:

• Members

MsGuy-

You must have really lived out in the sticks to have a 4 digit number. My grandmother's sister had a party line complete with operator but I don't remember the number or number of digits. My family always had a dial phone, starting with 6 digits, then that number became a GLendale number with 7 digits. I do remember my father getting person to person calls and, if he wasn't there, the operator would leave a call back number. Call back operator 6 and she would connect him with the original caller.

We had one TV channel when I was a kid but it didn't take very long to get all the national networks + educational channel. Wow, 4 channels.

We also did not have air-conditioning when I was a kid. The good old days were hot and not in a good way. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest FourAces

When there were payphones on every corner.

When 411 was a free call from a land line.

When you made coffee in a pot on the stove.

When McDonalds sign read they had only served 500 customers (ok this one is a stretch :P )

Guest FourAces

When one rented movies on VHS tapes ...

(ok, that wasn't a long time ago ...)

Its OK because you weren't a "long time ago" like some of us :P

Plus its true. Shows how quickly technology is changing the way we do things.

Remember when you might have first publicly laughed at the notion or suggestion that some men had to pay for having sex with the "hot boys" in town? Those of whom you were already spending "after hours action with" in the bar(s) after closing or elsewhere simply because of your and their attraction and desire toward each other was so real and hot?

Remember when you first thought that this party will never change and never get old. And then suddenly one day it did?

Remember when you thought you would always be connected to the hip and happening music of the time and then you suddenly found out that you were not. And then suddenly you found out that you really didn't care?

Remember when that extra few pounds around your waist didn't really matter because just jerking off five times a day burned off those extra fat calories and more....and your ass still looked tight and fabulous after the fact? And then suddenly that didn't work for you at all?

Oh dear, God!

Remember when that first gray hair was something you would just freak out over and then it pulled out, and then denied it for personal sanity (after of course a heavy bong hit of or liquid shot) and then just rectify it much later on in life by buying Clariol's next to the best matching #69 and "35 minute later hair color"?

Remember when "Just for Men" made us all men again in just five minutes?

Remember the first time you heard "I Love You" and you believed that from within all of your being and heart that it was going to be forever?

Remember when you first recovered from the time after you first realized that "I love you" wasn't forever? And msot painfully, with "him"

If anyone is interested, I have many more of these moments in time to share. For I have lived, somewhat. And hopefully, grown throughout it all -as well.

PS: Never-mind. Oh wait, I'm too old for never. :-0 No?

Just kidding but..........Oh dear, after that, I just want a hug from MSGUY because don't we all?

My avatar represents my heart and soul....Just for the record...

And...hopefully most of you will be diverted enough by my avatar to not notice any spelling and erratic posting mistakes that loom larger than certain penis sizes - oh I don't know exactly where, but close by might be an honest gesture on my part. ^_^

Thank You and Good Evening,

Guest zipperzone

Remember when you thought you would always be connected to the hip and happening music of the time and then you suddenly found out that you were not. And then suddenly you found out that you really didn't care?

I have been saying for quite some time now that if I want to realize how old I am, I just have to walk into what used to be called a record store (what are they called today?) and look in the racks and only recognize less that 1% of the artists. Does that ever bring me down fast.

Remember when you could go out drinking with your friends all night and you didn't have to worry about coming home and posting stoopid shit on the internet?

my blood alcohol level must be right around that of a Mississippi moonshine still :o