12is12

Brazil: beyond Rio and SP

Hi Guys,

I went through scores of threads and tried the search function, but to no avail. I'd appreciate very much recommendations/info regarding retboys' saunas/venues in Curitiba, Brasilia, Natal, and Salvador. I'll also visit Iguazu, but I guess that's asking for too much...

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

I went through scores of threads and tried the search function, but to no avail. I'd appreciate very much recommendations/info regarding retboys' saunas/venues in Curitiba, Brasilia, Natal, and Salvador. I'll also visit Iguazu, but I guess that's asking for too much...

Thanks in advance.

In your list the only cities that have rentboy saunas to my knowledge are Curitiba and Salvador and they both have two. Brasilia is a Wasteland as far as gay life goes(and a pretty boring city!) I don't know and haven't heard anything about Natal.

In your list the only cities that have rentboy saunas to my knowledge are Curitiba and Salvador and they both have two. Brasilia is a Wasteland as far as gay life goes(and a pretty boring city!) I don't know and haven't heard anything about Natal.

Thanks Tomcal.

Please elaborate about the two in Curitiba and Salvador: info, recommendations, etc.

Thanks Tomcal.

Please elaborate about the two in Curitiba and Salvador: info, recommendations, etc.

the best source for current addresses and info is http://www.netgay.com.br and scroll down the left side to Termas/saunas and than click on the state that city is in and you can get the address and if they have one the website for that sauna. Sauna 520 in Curitiba is the best of the two there. I haven't been to the others in quite some time so would be hesitant to recommend. If you go maybe you can give us a current report!

the best source for current addresses and info is http://www.netgay.com.br and scroll down the left side to Termas/saunas and than click on the state that city is in and you can get the address and if they have one the website for that sauna. Sauna 520 in Curitiba is the best of the two there. I haven't been to the others in quite some time so would be hesitant to recommend. If you go maybe you can give us a current report!

Thanks for the detailed instructions; I somehow missed that specific link.

Netgay's English version reverts to Portugese when navigating away from the homepage. If "com boys" means with, and "sem boys" means without, most of the saunas - including 520 - are without.

Could it really be that so many horny tourists in Brazil never venture beyond Rio and SP...

If "com boys" means with, and "sem boys" means without, most of the saunas - including 520 - are without.

Your translation is good! but you will have to trust me on this one, 520 has always been and is a rentboy sauna! Had a friend who was just there about 2 months ago! definitely a weekend scene there, like Porto Alegre, if you go during the week, it will be semi deserted!

Your translation is good! but you will have to trust me on this one, 520 has always been and is a rentboy sauna! Had a friend who was just there about 2 months ago! definitely a weekend scene there, like Porto Alegre, if you go during the week, it will be semi deserted!

If you're not to be trusted about Brazil, then who is?

Unfortunately, I'll be there in mid-week.

Thanks again Tomcal.

• Members

When I went to Foz do Igauzu, my guide asked me if I'd wanted to go to a sauna that was in the area. I chose NOT to because that was NOT my reason for going to the area, but the prime reason was I wanted to experience the saunas in Rio and Sao Paulo.

I did go to a great sauna that's in Curitiba, but I also did the cultural route during the day and enjoyed the overall experience.