Guest lurkerspeaks

Getting fingered in Rio

Guest lurkerspeaks

Now that I have everyone's attention...

On my last trip in November of 2009, I was hoping to see some live animals in Rio, such as the Marmosets, aka finger monkeys

finger_monkeys_03.jpg

Blog+monkey+a.jpg

I read somewhere that you might find marmosets if you visited Sugarloaf and walked along the trails up there. I did, but the only wildlife I saw was a measly little 5 inch long lizard. Even did the open air jeep tour of the Tijuaca rainforest, but no animals to be seen. Not sure if it was because November was very warm and animals were hiding, or if just my bad luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions (besides a zoo) to see some unusual animals while in Rio?

• Members

I hear that a visit to the saunas will find abundant spectacular nocturnal wild life. :sorcerer::P

When I saw the title, I just had to rush to see what was here. Now that I am here--I am cracking up big time, especially from Tampa Yankee's response!! <Sorry I cannot help you! But plan to return and go on a tour specializing in seeing such creatures!!>

• Members

Now that I have everyone's attention...

On my last trip in November of 2009, I was hoping to see some live animals in Rio, such as the Marmosets, aka finger monkeys

I read somewhere that you might find marmosets if you visited Sugarloaf and walked along the trails up there. I did, but the only wildlife I saw was a measly little 5 inch long lizard. Even did the open air jeep tour of the Tijuaca rainforest, but no animals to be seen. Not sure if it was because November was very warm and animals were hiding, or if just my bad luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions (besides a zoo) to see some unusual animals while in Rio?

On a visit to Sugarloaf I did get to see some marmosets. They were actually very friendly as were the abundant spectacular nocturnal wild life Tampa refers to in the saunas but not as aggressive. :yes: