kjun12

Visit to China

• Members

My love one and I just returned from a visit to China. The area we visited was around Guilin and Guangzhou. Not the usual areas but I sure learned a lot.

The most serious problem we encountered is that virtually no one speaks anything but Mandarin or Cantonese. This makes it quite difficult to get around. On the plus side are the facts that the people are just like everyone else in the world in that some are very nice and some less. The country that I saw was clean except for public restrooms which can be really filthy. It was a big surprise for me to find the towns so modern. I had expected the old cities like we see in movies. Not so. The train system is second to none in the rest of the world. It is ahead of any in Europe and of course the abysmal system in the US.

Did see some really cute Chinese boys that I would like to have gotten to know but language is a real barrier.

A return visit to China is on the docket with the Beijing area is the goal.

Guest hitoallusa

Wow I'm glad that you had a great time in China! It's developing very fast and I agree that the US has to invest in the national train system.