Gaybutton

Dolphin Restaurant - GB's Latest Restaurant "Find"

Guest catawampuscat

Those who recall the old Ole and the glorious buffet nites, will remember the owner who

usually sat by the entrance and was hard to miss due to his sumo wrestler size body.. I have

seen him many times at Dolphin and if he likes the food , I knew it had to be good...

I was there the other nite and really enjoyed my meal.. The split pea soup was excellent, fish

also very tasty and plenty of it and I choose the fruit salad which was excellent and never saw the inside of a can..

I was especially pleased when a very important phone call happened (ok it was a boy I am wild about) and the Thai owner/bf/partner? came to my assistance and wrote down the information I needed in

Thai..He had a hard time as the connection wasn't great and the boy speaks softly but he was very patient and really helped me out...

You also have a choice of sitting al fresco with fans or inside with a/c.. Good for the smokers and the non smokers as well...

The rooms are fine and one friend staying there was well pleased, althou no lift if that is a problem.. :rolleyes:

DOLPHIN RESTAURANT

I agree that Dolphin serves excellent food. I have eaten there regularly since it opened for business in May 2006. You can't go wrong by ordering one of their two daily specials priced at around 200 Baht. Included is soup, salad, main course, dessert, and coffee/tea.

For those who remember Papa Manop's former "Fongsabu" Restaurant, it is at the same location -- between Ole and Sundance Karaoke.