Guest EXPAT

Steelers tie it with 2:07 to go

oh well. I was really hoping that the Steelers would take it away from the Broncos if for no other reason to shut down the Tebowing crap. If I hear another GOP candidate talk about Tebow as the devine intervention of football to placate the right wing, I will truly vomit violently.

• Members

oh well. I was really hoping that the Steelers would take it away from the Broncos if for no other reason to shut down the Tebowing crap. If I hear another GOP candidate talk about Tebow as the devine intervention of football to placate the right wing, I will truly vomit violently.

not to worry. Tom Brady and New England will provide the requested silence. You just have to wait until next week.

not to worry. Tom Brady and New England will provide the requested silence. You just have to wait until next week.

From your mouth to ____ ears !!

Let's tebow to make it happen. . .

Guest tomcal

Expat: "If I hear another GOP candidate talk about Tebow as the devine intervention of football to placate the right wing, I will truly vomit violently."

MarkAnthony:"not to worry. Tom Brady and New England will provide the requested silence. You just have to wait until next week"

Totally agree with both of You!!

• Members

Don't blame Tebow too much, blame those that are using him for their agenda. I'm not big on making a public spectacle out of one's spirituality. I think it is a matter of taste and manners. Others feel differently. I guess they have some need to fulfill by it, even if I don't get it. I can tolerate it but I can't abide all the using and abusing by one side or the other. Just as long as Tebow doesn't show up at my front door wanting to get on his knees in my living room.... ummm... well, after reflection I can think of worse things than having Tebow on his knees in my living room. :devil:

• Members

I will admit to being a Tebow fan. What is wrong with a guy being religious? I think something is seriously wrong when we priase and make quarterbacks heros like Michael Vick (who goes to prison for running a dog fighting ring), Big Ben Rothenberger (who gets suspended for allegedly sexually assaulting a girl in a bar restroom), Brady is known to have a parade of models flowing thru his Hotel rooms every night, A Chicago Bears player gets arrested a few weeks ago for drug dealing with Mexican connections, this list could go on and on. Let's not forget Kobe Bryant and a few other NBA players getting fined for Gay slurs last year, Kobe's directed at a ref. But yet we demonize a guy that seems to be a good fellow just because he is religious. What happened to freedom of religion in this country? He isn't forcing religion on anyone he just thanks God for everything in his life. If he has a true belief in God he should thank him for the priviledge to play and be successful in the NFL. Instead people hate Tebow and hope he fails. I think something is seriously wrong in this country with the Hate Tebow gets for trying to be a good guy. As a NFL quarterback he will win some and lose some, either way I wish him well. Pro Sports needs a few good role models.

If you believe in God maybe Sunday's game was his way of taking care of Big Ben for that alleged sexual assualt and if you don't maybe it was as one may say "Karma can be a Bitch".

Is that what you said for all of the 11 seconds in overtime?

The funny part is that I turned to a different channel and missed the overtime completely. I was totally shocked that it ended so quickly.

And I don't blame or criticize Tebow for being religious. He can do or be whatever he wants, although I believe using religion as a way to get what you want in life is very selfish frankly. But be that as it may, what I hate are the GOP candidates using him to appeal to the far right wing. That is the only reason I wanted him to go away so we wouldn't hear about it anymore.

I'm always so amazed at the dumbing down of America lead by the far right. And I know that comment is prejudicial but unfortunately it's true.

• Members

I will admit to being a Tebow fan.

Me too. I'm a life-long Gators fan and wanted desperately to go to school there. I did make to a handful of games in The Swamp.

I have to agree with the rest of your sentiment too, except for below.

If you believe in God maybe Sunday's game was his way of taking care of Big Ben for that alleged sexual assualt and if you don't maybe it was as one may say "Karma can be a Bitch".

No, he belongs in jail. That whole episode was shameful for him and more for the authorities who let him get away with that episode. And for the NFL too which should have bounced his ass to the moon. There should be no place in the NFL for anyone who behaves as a thug and sex offender. Just sayin'...

The same attitude prevails in this that prevailed at Penn State. Criminal behavior is often overlooked when big money is at stake.

• Members

No, he belongs in jail. That whole episode was shameful for him and more for the authorities who let him get away with that episode. And for the NFL too which should have bounced his ass to the moon. There should be no place in the NFL for anyone who behaves as a thug and sex offender. Just sayin'...

The same attitude prevails in this that prevailed at Penn State. Criminal behavior is often overlooked when big money is at stake.

I couldn't agree with you more.

But you sure seem to pay attention to Tebow. Interesting isn't it?

And the only reason why I knew anything about him at all is because Mitt Romney referenced him in Iowa and I wondered what he was talking about. That's when I discovered it.