groenthusiast

Supply of Sauna Guys

I've been to Brazil a few times over the years, and I've always had a blast. Attached are some photos of guys who've helped me enjoy past visits.

I think it's amazing that on every trip after that first one, there were always new faces working in the saunas. I was wondering, how do these guys start working in the saunas to begin with? I know their motivation is usually financial, but how do they know the saunas are there to work at? Is it through word of mouth? Do they read about it on the internet? Is the existence of these saunas "common knowledge" in Brazil? I once met a guy at Meio Mundo who literally turned 18 a couple of weeks before I met him. I've met guys from cities all over Brazil in the Rio and SP saunas. How would these guys know about the saunas, especially since a lot of them seem to be straight-identified, really young, from out of town, etc.?

I've meant to ask the guys but something always comes up. Does anyone here have any ideas?

post-125326-067736700 1327744078.jpg

post-125326-012637300 1327744085.jpg

post-125326-050904600 1327744091.jpg

post-125326-058225000 1327744171.jpg

It is interesting you bring this up. I was with a really stunningly looking 19 yrold last nght at Pointe and he told me he has only been here one week from the state of Minas Gerias, I said "did you know about and work in the suanas in MG and he says No, he didn't even know they were there. HE said he looked up gay Rio on the internet and looked up clubs, bars and found the ad for saunas and they said boys can apply, so he caught a bus down got a hotel room and that's been a week ago.

He talking to the owners of the clubs over the years, 90% of the guys find out about working there through their friends. This causes the inenvitable up and down cycle in boys. 5 years ago I was spending alot of time with one particualr guy, he lived in the Niteroi neighborhood, one of his friends told him about 117 and after he started he told several and by the end 8 guys all from the same 4 block most guys seem to last 1 -2 years usually from the ages of 18/19 to about 21 or so and move on to a regular job, or go to school and maybe work the sauna 1 or 2 nights a month if they need money.

there is a guy I met First in Sao Paulo and than in Rio about 8 years ago! ABout 7 years ago he stopped working in the saunas and became a Rio Policeman, looks very hot in his uniform. I haven't seen him live in two years, but have seen his photos on facebook as we are friends. HE saw on there I was back in Rio and called last night and asked me how long I was here for? HE says"I will come over tomorrow for sex let's have fun like before!" I am assuming he needs extra money this month for a kids' birthday or something.

I asked last night and most boys are referred or recruited by their friends. which maybe why more body builders congregate at one sauna over another.

• Members

The Baixada Fluminense, the group of suburbs directly to the north of the Rio de Janeiro border, is jam-packed with lower/lower middle-class residents. And they are ALWAYS in need of money. It seems as if every other garoto I chat with is from "Caxias" and if not there, then Nova Iguacu and Sao Joao de Mereti. Nilopolis and Mesquita too. A past, nonsauna boyfriend from Caxias lived in a home with seven kids, Mom & Dad, in a lot 10 meters by 10 meters. Not much space. Poor. Always looking to get out and get some peace and quiet. Well, Caxias happens to be the fourth most-populace municipality in the metro region with over 800,000. Even more than Niteroi and less than Sao Goncalo's 1,000,000plus. The others are in that 250K to 500K range. So there is a never-ending supply.

They call the more nelly adolescents bichas here. So even if a guy is butch, they know who the "Bichas da Rua" are. And they do talk. The guy in my avatar was a street bicha from 14 having sex and graduated at 18 to the saunas. Word gets around on how to make some extra money. And keep in mind that wherever they say they are from, there is a favela nearby. Tijuca/Rio Cumprido/Vila Isabel/Meier all have nearby favelas. A few say Madureira and/or Vila Valkyrie. Favelas there too. Same for the guys who say they live in Copa/Ipa(Pavao/Pavaozinho/Cantagalo), near Leblon/Gavea(Rocinha/Vidigal)etc.

It seems that there is indeed a never-ending supply.

Hi everyone, thank you for the welcome and your insights.

I thought that word of mouth was probably the most common way the guys learn about the saunas. Tom, you make an interesting point that this can lead to an up and down cycle of guys, and also why some saunas have certain types of guys and others don't. I never thought these could result from how the working guys learned about the saunas, but it makes sense.

It's funny that Ihpguy mentions the Baixada Fluminense. I always ask the sauna guy where he is from (it's one of the few phrases I know), I've heard "Baixada" or "Duque de Caxias" it seems like half the time. In fact, the guy in pic#4 was from there. Some of you might recognize the Hotel Atlantico bedsheets he is sitting on :smile: . It's funny you mention the street bichas, because a couple years back I met a guy at 117 who said that he used to work in a park In Goiania. Then at 18 he tried his luck in Rio. So far, he's the only one I've met who's admitted that.

Regardless of where they're from or how they got there, I hope they'll keep coming for years to come. I don't know if there's any other type of men out there who has the warm sensuality, hot looks, and open minded attitude toward sex that Brazilian men have. And some of them don't mind posing for photos!

post-125326-026209400 1327834735.jpg

post-125326-087134500 1327834747.jpg

post-125326-014168000 1327834760.jpg

• Members

I've been to Brazil a few times over the years, and I've always had a blast. Attached are some photos of guys who've helped me enjoy past visits.

I think it's amazing that on every trip after that first one, there were always new faces working in the saunas. I was wondering, how do these guys start working in the saunas to begin with? I know their motivation is usually financial, but how do they know the saunas are there to work at? Is it through word of mouth? Do they read about it on the internet? Is the existence of these saunas "common knowledge" in Brazil? I once met a guy at Meio Mundo who literally turned 18 a couple of weeks before I met him. I've met guys from cities all over Brazil in the Rio and SP saunas. How would these guys know about the saunas, especially since a lot of them seem to be straight-identified, really young, from out of town, etc.?

I've meant to ask the guys but something always comes up. Does anyone here have any ideas?

...so friggin' gorgeous!

:drool: :drool: :P :tongue: :drool: :drool: