AdamSmith

Why won't Romney release more tax returns?

He will not win.

Then we eat our losers.

Can't wait to see how this plays out.

He was a good gov over me and mein in MA. But now in the national crucible we begin to see who he truly is.

These latter days one is starting to read Eckhart Tolle and, more seriously, the Vedantas from which he took his material. And beginning to see we truly are consumed by what we are.

Or conceive that to be.

So Romney finally released his 2011 tax returns. And he paid 14.1% in taxes on mostly investment income. Even though he paid over $4 million in charitable contributions, he only claimed $2.5 million so he could keep his tax rate above the 13% that he already told the public. Otherwise his tax rate would have been down to 9%.

But he can always go and claim that tax money back later with an amended return, say if he loses the election?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/mitt-romney-tax-return_n_1904573.html

Guest hitoallusa

Iam bot arguing you anyone here but If you consider his donation that is a significant amount he paid... He has every right to get his money back he is entitled to... Who can give away FOUR Million so freely and voluntarily... That is about more than 30% of his income and in addition to a lot of taxes he paid... I don't think it's fair to compare him to Obamas... Once again you see the problem in the media and we ignore it.. That kind of biased mindset has persecuted gays and women till now and we still allow it since we don't like a presidential candidate... I don't think it's fair and a big hurdle that the media should overcome.. Time will come when we look back and see how silly the media works..

• Members

For donations to a charitable cause, I'd agree with you. For donations to the fucking Mormon batshit-crazy cult, I wholeheartedly disagree. Money that's used primarily to brainwash others but has also been used to directly and negatively impact all of us, with Proposition 8.

And it's of course shockingly transparent that it's just a stunt, of course he'll amend as soon as nobody is looking!

post-117726-0-88013900-1348327076_thumb.