BiBottomBoy

Anyone Else Not Give A Shit About The Super Bowl?

Guest hitoallusa

Here.. I rarely watch sports section in the news so I didn't know it was on today. I don't have time to do everything so I have to let go somethings I am not interested in.. I had to sit through a baseball game just to be with a guy I liked once.. It was more interesting seeing him react to the game than the game itself... My friends would not let me touch their baseball cards assuming that I won't be able to handle them properly.. Not sure what's so special about baseball cards.. They just have cute guys on the card... Isn't that a bit gay for a straight guy to be so protective of their baseball cards???

• Members

I plan on watching it. I enjoy most sports on TV, even golf which I do not play. However, it is a peaceful game in generally pretty surroundings AND I can read the paper or a book without much interruption. ^_^

I once was in NZ during the Super Bowl. It was interesting to watch it on Monday around noon local. It was that time because of the international date line and time difference. It was still "live". Although I am positive there were other US citizens staying in the hotel, apparently we were the only ones to ask about it. We wondered if it was going to be shown in the hotel bar or one nearby but no, so the hotel kindly arranged for it to be sent to our room via a Sky satellite.

One group of US citizens staying at this hotel we noticed was a bunch of Harley bikers. I wondered if they shipped their bikes to NZ but there is a local Harley dealer who caters to such groups with rentals. Whatever cranks your tractor.

Best regards,

RA1

Some of my deadliest memories are of being little, mid-1960s, of course only one TV in the house -- and every Sunday all winter the channel being locked by papa and cousins to football, endless football, deadly dull nothing-ever-happens football.

Well, a kid's-eye view. But one retained to this day. I would sooner watch milk curdle.

I admit golf on TV serves as excellent background white noise for self-hypnosis.

Or at least used to, before the onlookers started getting rowdy and many announcers/commentators lost their cool, even demeanor, in keeping with changing times and audience expectations presumably. Alas.

I've always thought that golf and baseball were the most boring sports on the planet. When I lived in Europe, I couldn't get into Fütball either (soccer) because the game would go on for hours with no score. that was also boring to me.

• Members

They watch you while you sleep.

I never sleep. I listen to the radio all night (and watch out for crickets watching me).

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

NASCAR is one exception to what I like in sports. I tell all my NASCAR friends that I will watch it when they go around the track the other way.

However, there are plenty of drivers and owners who depend upon general aviation. Unfortunately, some of them are like some doctors, very bright but they let their ego get ahead of their experience level and kill themselves. I always hate to lose a paying customer.

Best regards,

RA1