Gaybutton

US Dollar - Weakest It's Been in Years

Today the exchange rate closed at 37.44 baht per US dollar. That is the weakest the dollar has been since the Asian money crash back in 1997.

From the latest reports I have been reading, the dollar is expected to weaken further until it is down to about 37.0. Then it is expected to begin strengthening again.

The reports also state that exporters are complaining that the BOT (Bank of Thailand) is allowing the baht to become too strong and they are fearful that this will seriously hurt the export business.

I know more about how to set a rocket trajectory to Pluto than I know about economics. I don't have any idea how this is going to play out, but for those of you planning a trip to Thailand, you might as well expect to get a lot less baht for your dollar until this trend finally turns around . . . if it turns around.

Baht Moves to Strongest Level in 3 Months

BANGKOK, Aug 10 (TNA)

The Thai baht continued to appreciate at the opening of Thursday's morning trading session, staying at a range of 37.50-37.58 a US dollar, the strongest in three months, according to a money dealer of BankThai Public Company Limited.

The dealer said the sharp appreciation of the Thai currency stemmed from the United States

government