AdamSmith

Political joke for the day

I agree it isn't funny and our civil liberties are under attack but one site that I read said that FL spent $45,000 more than it saved in this process. Could there be some hyperbole somewhere herein?

Best regards,

RA1

Thanks for the Miami Herald link. That article confirms your recollection:

...The numbers, confirming previous estimates, show that taxpayers spent $118,140 to reimburse people for drug test costs, at an average of $35 per screening.

The state’s net loss? $45,780.

Other sources seem to indicate the $178 million figure in the cartoon is Florida's total welfare program cost, not just this drug test: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/08/25/only-2-of-welfare-applicants-in-florida-failed-drug-tests/ Would seem the cartoonist was not reading too carefully.

The Miami Herald piece does add this from an ACLU spokesman: "That’s [the 118,140 figure] not counting attorneys and court fees and the thousands of hours of staff time it took to implement this policy," Newton said.

Your other link, to mediamatters, now seems not to work.

• Members

10239_380382045401248_1143833462_n.jpg

I think this is very close to the truth but then comic commentary at its' best always is. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Perhaps she was a futurist. She didn't live to see the 19th amendment passed. However, she was arrested for voting a straight Republican ticket. Something some others think should be universal. However, more likely, she was arrested simply for voting. ^_^

The dollar coins minted in her honor have never taken off although I find them potentially very useful. But, then I have spent an inordinate amount of time with no food other than from vending machines. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Maybe not but the Soviets did advise the US government that at least one of these guys was up to no good. Who are you going to believe, your lying eyes or me?

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

This could have happened... In the Bible, Jesus used parables to explain things to his disciples but they often they didn't get them.

Guest hitoallusa

AS, I love guys quoting the Bible hot and sexy. ^_^ I thought you meant it in a different thing from the pic. Maybe I misunderstood you. ^_^ I had no idea that you read the Bible... You will make a great dad to our kids..